And so it begins....

RHill

I have no idea why you would be worried about not having a motor for the season. I mean seriously how many motors can one go through in a season? :)

Some ppl go thru more motors in one season than I have in 30 years of riding.

Just saying...

I don't think Ron would sell me back the engine I sold him.

On another note, Powercommanders website blows.....I don't think they say explicitly anywhere if the ignition module is necessary for a quick shifter on my bike.

So now I'm thinking:

Baseline dyno both bikes

Switch the stronger motor into the race bike(thinking it is the street bike motor from my butt dyno)

Put a few goodies on the race bike

Dyno tune the race bike

Hope like hell it holds up and I didn't just waste the effort of swapping motors.

Currently the street bike has around 16k miles and the track bike is a complete unknown. I need to pull the valve cover off both to check the clearances.

Thanks Craig!  

Found a pc3usb  fairly cheap.....but I also have been doing a bit of research on other options.  The one that sticks out the most is this Factory Pro TEKA SFI 2.  It is a tuning tool for the stock GSXR ECU.  It sound like there are a few other options, but couldn't find any specifics.  Probably just have to contact some shops that have dyno's to see what they offer for ECU tuning. 

Also found this guy Motty, who apparently homebrewed up a self adjusting air fuel ratio tuner way back around 2004.  Looks like there were a few sold as solder in test beds, then a distributor in the US popped up selling plug and play kits, and now all I can find is 404 errors and missing pictures in forums.

Saw a freeze warning for my area so I ran out and switched out the water for antifreeze; unfortunately I couldn't get the bike started to ensure it was mix in well. Apparently my issue with the tip over sensor is still around.  The good news is, screwing around trying to get the bike started I realized my battery was nearly dead.......well that isn't the good news....I decided to test out my new battery(it is on top)

IMG_20131023_225512.jpg

IMG_20131023_225524.jpg

IT WORKED!!!!  Well, it cranked the bike over on and off for around 5 minutes without an noticeable dip in the starter RPM.  I was worried it wouldn't have the cranking amps to turn the bike over, but even being around 40* it didn't have an issue.  As I was screwing around with the tip over sensor and wiring harness it even fired up for a few seconds before the damn tip over code showed back up.  

So the battery passes the cranking draw test.  Next concern is how it handles being charged by the motorcycle and if it will stay balanced and not kill itself.

Thank mgossel!  I'm leaning toward the Annitori right now, even with the $30 higher price point.  I have yet to read a negative review of their quickshifter or any of the HM quickshifters.

I am a little worried that a quickshifter will screw up how I've grown accustom to shifting, but it will be another learning curve like GP shifting.

Thank mgossel!  I'm leaning toward the Annitori right now, even with the $30 higher price point.  I have yet to read a negative review of their quickshifter or any of the HM quickshifters.

I am a little worried that a quickshifter will screw up how I've grown accustom to shifting, but it will be another learning curve like GP shifting.

Anytime...just make sure you get the right length shift rod before you place your order.  That's the one thing I didn't get correct when I purchased it, but they had a new one at my door 2 days later.

Cheers,

Mike

Thank mgossel! I'm leaning toward the Annitori right now, even with the $30 higher price point. I have yet to read a negative review of their quickshifter or any of the HM quickshifters.

WOT shifting would rule !

Main thing that worries me about a quick shifter, I sometimes rest my foot on the shifter a little early and use the throttle blip to actually shift....that will definitely have to change with a quickshifter.  

Winter blues are setting in, especially now that I can't get my hand dirty working on the bike for a week or two....tiding myself over with a little NYST video:

I had the Annitori one this year.  It went bad after 2 rounds.  I loved it and they are replacing it free of charge.  They old me I was only the 3rd failure in the newest revision of the processor design.

I had the Annitori one this year.  It went bad after 2 rounds.  I loved it and they are replacing it free of charge.  They old me I was only the 3rd failure in the newest revision of the processor design.

Out of curiosity, when it went bad did it just fail to cut the ignition for shifts or did it fail completely and stop the bike from running?

Out of curiosity, when it went bad did it just fail to cut the ignition for shifts or did it fail completely and stop the bike from running?

It was just cutting ignition and bike ran fine except for me feeling like I was riding a bucking bronco.  For example,  it started by randomly (I lived with for one round) then progressed to about every .5 second kills.  It is super fast to disconnect since you can leave the upper wire loom that attaches to the coils attached and just use the supplied blanking plug.

Doesn't look like the RL is offered for my model year.  I guess the unit isn't compatible with the ECU and starts throwing codes because of the "miss" that is created when the quickshifter cuts the ignition.  I emailed Dano's and got a quick response from Dan saying he has one in his 04 750 and it has never gave him error codes. 

Doesn't look like the RL is offered for my model year. I guess the unit isn't compatible with the ECU and starts throwing codes because of the "miss" that is created when the quickshifter cuts the ignition. I emailed Dano's and got a quick response from Dan saying he has one in his 04 750 and it has never gave him error codes.

I contacted Annitori last year about getting one for my bike.

I remember them telling me it would run fine,but would throw 4 codes.