And so it begins....

RHill

Your way ahead of me !

My garage is a mess,bikes torn apart and my trailer still needs the rails off and the STS restraint installed.

But that's kinda me,I wait until the last minute to do everything!

lol my street bike needs side fairings bolted on and my track bike is still at square 1.(in the garage) I need to add water, heat it up and go through the gears before doing anything else to it.

You'll love the Star, I've had mine over 150+ many times with no buffeting - but mine has the spoiler added which is supposed to help with that. If your's isn't equipped, its a cheap add on and may be worth it for the cheap price

http://www.bikersden.com/p-2257-track-strip-wicker-for-bell-star-motorcycle-helmets.aspx

Thanks for mentioning the track strip, it was installed after my "test" of the fit. I was pretty impressed with the bag and the visor sheath that comes with the Star as well. It will be nice to have that for transport to and from track days.

Have a couple visors on the way as well :D

One thing I just noticed, the chin seems a little closer than my other helmets, so my microphone for the Sena SMH5 may not play nicely. I'll have to figure out something for that if I want to use the Bell on the street.

Thanks for mentioning the track strip, it was installed after my "test" of the fit. I was pretty impressed with the bag and the visor sheath that comes with the Star as well. It will be nice to have that for transport to and from track days.

Have a couple visors on the way as well :D

One thing I just noticed, the chin seems a little closer than my other helmets, so my microphone for the Sena SMH5 may not play nicely. I'll have to figure out something for that if I want to use the Bell on the street.

Yes,visors !

Thanks for the hook-up on those !

Yeah, Bell's Star series really hook you up on the quality of the helmet bag and I like the way the shield visor velcro in nicely too. Definitely get what you pay for with 'em, I like the light feel and they have great airflow for cooling on hot days

Yeah, Bell's Star series really hook you up on the quality of the helmet bag and I like the way the shield visor velcro in nicely too. Definitely get what you pay for with 'em, I like the light feel and they have great airflow for cooling on hot days

Airflow was pretty high on my priority list. My AFX FX-90 is a pretty nice helmet for the budget price, but it didn't flow enough air and was a little rough in the air. I picked the Star because it is supposed to be good aerodynamically, fairly light, and have good ventilation. Can't wait to test it out!

I've had several brands in the past, none compare to the Star imo. But, I'd also never had that kind of higher priced lid either. Most I'd spent was $220 on a KBC which wasn't bad but heavier and noisy, so I definitely understand where the extra cash goes now having owned a "quality" bucket

Yes,visors !

Thanks for the hook-up on those !

Visors came in and I'm very happy. Crappy cell phone pic. Those are yours Jeff, mine is on the helmet and already in the bag.

It needs to warm the hell up, I have work to do on the bike.

IMG_20130318_200248.jpg

For entertainment: this guy seems to make some decent videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/irnieracing?feature=watch

Very nice. I picked up the RS-1 Gearhead in white from Nathan a couple weeks back, along with a new set of leathers. More stuff coming tomorrow from RD. Looks like we're gonna have a fun season this year!

Very nice. I picked up the RS-1 Gearhead in white from Nathan a couple weeks back, along with a new set of leathers. More stuff coming tomorrow from RD. Looks like we're gonna have a fun season this year!

Nice! I'm now telling myself I'm done buying anything but the necessities until the season starts. I should keep record of how much is being spent, but I don't want to damper how much fun the track is.

Found out today that one of my coworkers wants to sell his Arai helmet :cry: would have been nice to know before.

Trust me, don't keep track, especially when the first time you wad in and have to buy replacement parts, if you haven't had that joy yet, it will happen, just a matter of time.

Just open the wallet and start buying, gosh I hate when that happens.

Nice! I'm now telling myself I'm done buying anything but the necessities until the season starts. I should keep record of how much is being spent, but I don't want to damper how much fun the track is.

Found out today that one of my coworkers wants to sell his Arai helmet :cry: would have been nice to know before.

Yeah, I am not even interested in how much I have spent, or have left to spend. It keeps me from intelligently engaging in an argument over it with my Mrs., let alone deflate me with the realization of what I could have otherwise done with all that cash. Still, once the season gets here it won't matter since there's little other place I'd rather be. Especially once John gets the HJ booth set up in the front of his trailer. Gloryhole Racing FTW!

I still need to call about getting a backup, or new primary since my 5 yr elapsed on my previous 700. I loved that helmet too :(

Yeah, I need a backup, too. My current b/u, which has been used maybe 5 times total in it's life so far, hit the 5 yr mark in December, just like my Arai. Below is the new one, and am thinking about one of the $89 closeouts from STG or something as the new b/u.

picture.php?albumid=348&pictureid=17234

I heard that the guy who techs helmets is a real asshole! For shits and giggles he'll throw your helmet on the ground if he doesn't like it.

I've seen that guy! And while he is that way, he's pretty close to the ground himself, so the helmet doesn't fall very far.