Officer Mick XXXXXX: You're a not so nice person

Bitani

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a cop pull me over for 50 in a 35 zone (according to him). He went through the whole lecture that we all get and before he started writing a ticket I asked that "according to the Ohio revised code all Ohio roads are 55mph unless otherwise posted?". He agreed with me and then I asked him to show me the speed limit sign on that road. I drive that road everyday and there are no speed limit signs on it. After a debate over that he let me off with a warning.

In your case the road listed is wrong,so you might be able to beat it in court or you might not. Is it worth the time off to fight it? Or is it cheaper to pay up and go on your way? Given the state of the economy, the judge may not side with you no matter what argument you have. The cities and townships need money and look at vehicle violations as revenue.

I've been pulled over going 45 in a 35(the road was CLEARLY marked 45) the rookie(obviously) cop asked me if I knew why I was getting pulled over. I said sure, I was going 45mph in a 45mph zone... I didn't even see the cop, but I don't speed with my kids, so I knew I was doing the speed limit no matter where he clocked me. He said he clocked me going 45mph at the speedway(valley/woodman) and I was like ok, so whats the problem? He said the speed limit was 35(ive only been driving down that for 10years, so what do I know) so I argued with him about it then he was like well it was in a school zone(which it wasn't, atleast not where he clocked me, about 500ft up the road was the school zone) I asked if he clocked me there and he didn't but he said I didn't slow down(you dont need breaks to slow down and I didn't regardless) before he even mentioned a ticket though I said just give me a damn ticket, I'll just fight it and win you fucking roookie asshole. He ended up just saying I'll let you off with a warning this time and went on his way.

Some police, especially rookies, have nothing better to do than harass us, I've never got a ticket I felt I didn't deserve by an experienced cop, except one, but me and said cop had a loooooong history.

When I get pulled over for something I feel I didn't do (rare), I suck it up and move on. It's almost daily that I speed or something else unlawful and get away with it. I figure I'm well ahead of the ticket game. It does suck though.

When u get a ticket while you know u are breaking the law and probably deserve a ticket thats one thing, but for something stupid like merge lane violation, a few miles over, speeding(within reason, not going 100mph) on an unmarked road, etc should just earn a warning(depending on how you act)

When u get a ticket while you know u are breaking the law and probably deserve a ticket thats one thing, but for something stupid like merge lane violation, a few miles over, speeding(within reason, not going 100mph) on an unmarked road, etc should just earn a warning(depending on how you act)

everything you mentioned is against the law, therefore a ticketable offense. If people can't handle knowing and following the laws they shouldn't have a license.

Yet another thing wrong with this country, people just cannot or flat out refuse to accept responsibility for their actions

If the people complaining about getting speeding tickets lived on a road marked 25 and people were flying by 45 or more while their kids were out playing and the cops let them go by then they'd be complaining that the cops aren't doing their jobs... If you can't accept the ticket then don't fucking speed it's that simple.

1) ...there's 2 of Miami Township's finest pulling in.

2) They don't give a shit...

3) ...the judge may not side with you no matter what argument you have (or what the truth is).

4) The cities and townships need money and look at vehicle violations as revenue.

You have two against one. They will make sure they have their stories straight and it might not resemble the truth if you go to court.

They don't have to care. You are just another perp on the road, in their book. We are not one of them. They will not be 'wrong' when they pull you over. They can fabricate any reason they want to get you to the side of the road and then they can keep you there until they've had enough of you.

Anyway you look at it, there will be money taken out of your pocket and given to someone else. It's a tax extracted from anyone they can make a charge stick to.

I stay under the radar and try not to stand out. There is always someone with authority wanting to make a point about having power that you don't have and can't do anything about. Power is often abused and I don't want to be the victim of the day.

Cops are just like you and me.....in ways. In other ways, when there is more than one of them, the more distance you can keep between them and yourself, the less likely you are to be caught up in something that you may have had no part in. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, or you fit the description.

If you do have to officially deal with them, you better mind your "P's and Q's" and remember all your manners and attitudes of respect because they don't have to care. They just have to come up with something they can make stick to you and if there is two of them, your story will never hold up against the one that they come up with.

I've been pulled over going 45 in a 35(the road was CLEARLY marked 45) the rookie(obviously) cop asked me if I knew why I was getting pulled over. I said sure, I was going 45mph in a 45mph zone... I didn't even see the cop, but I don't speed with my kids, so I knew I was doing the speed limit no matter where he clocked me. He said he clocked me going 45mph at the speedway(valley/woodman) and I was like ok, so whats the problem? He said the speed limit was 35(ive only been driving down that for 10years, so what do I know) so I argued with him about it then he was like well it was in a school zone(which it wasn't, atleast not where he clocked me, about 500ft up the road was the school zone) I asked if he clocked me there and he didn't but he said I didn't slow down(you dont need breaks to slow down and I didn't regardless) before he even mentioned a ticket though I said just give me a damn ticket, I'll just fight it and win you fucking roookie asshole. He ended up just saying I'll let you off with a warning this time and went on his way.

Some police, especially rookies, have nothing better to do than harass us, I've never got a ticket I felt I didn't deserve by an experienced cop, except one, but me and said cop had a loooooong history.

I think there is nothing worse than a bored cop on a slow night. I've seen issues made where no issues existed before a couple of cops walked up and provoked one.

Law enforcement is in many ways predatory and victims are sought out for the extraction of money from their pockets. I try hard not to be a victim.

Since the officer that cited you was a noob on the force, wasn't much you could do since he's most likely still trying to earn some respect from his co's and get points towards the next raise already.

If you do plan to fight it, take the advise above as well as bringing pic's of the area with you.....and make sure you know that area well enough to debate the citation.

Good luck man

I know Mick, personal friend of mine.

Don't know if kidding, or serious. If serious, send him my apologies; though I'd say you're just a darned troll. As much as if I was in his position I wouldn't do the same thing, he really was a nice guy and I don't want to be just another asshole in his book.

Regardless, I'm going to fight it. I feel like there has to be a reason they blatantly put the wrong street and # of lanes. Perhaps they planned on it being thrown out?

And if that's so, how should I go about trying to get it thrown out? I don't understand the whole "prosecutor will do it" thing - is that the 'judge' giving the sentence or is that somebody else?

Edited by Bitani

First off: how do you not know the difference between a prosecutor and a judge? Their titles explain what they do....if you can't figure it out then google.

Double-check the speed limit where you passed them, take pictures. It's possible you were in a 35 and they wrote a different street name down with a lower limit.

Next time don't open the door at all. Cops have to get YOU on the bike, not a guy in an apartment with a bike matching the description in the lot. Even then, you don't have to open the door for them without a warrant. Don't you know your fucking rights?

Get your ducks in a row, get docs that prove valid insurance on date of incident, go to court fully prepared to get piped in the turdcutter anyway.

First off: how do you not know the difference between a prosecutor and a judge? Their titles explain what they do....if you can't figure it out then google.

Double-check the speed limit where you passed them, take pictures. It's possible you were in a 35 and they wrote a different street name down with a lower limit.

Next time don't open the door at all. Cops have to get YOU on the bike, not a guy in an apartment with a bike matching the description in the lot. Even then, you don't have to open the door for them without a warrant. Don't you know your fucking rights?

Get your ducks in a row, get docs that prove valid insurance on date of incident, go to court fully prepared to get piped in the turdcutter anyway.

Sounded to me like he was just getting off the bike. Just because he lost sight of them doesnt mean they lost sight of him. If there were 2 cops on the stop its pretty likely one got a positive reading on the tag and probably ran it. May have came back with something of interest possible warrant and such. If they had lost sight of him the best excuse he could use is " I wasn't on the bike. A guy that was thinking of buying it test rode it and just left decided he didn't want it." Be prepared to give a vague description "he was about 6' white dark hair said his name was Mike, drove a 4 door dark colored Honda". The only problem is your lying to the police if they have any way to prove it was you video matching you to a T no helmet or they actually never lost sight your going to get hammered.

Attitude is the biggest factor of how the stop will go. Being polite and not trying to rush the cop goes a long way. Even minor things can be construed as attitude sighing, rolling your eyes making a face like your pissed. I've never been pulled over and had an issue with law enforcement. When I got my last speeding ticket I knew I deserved it I was doing 80mph in a 55 heading towards a 35mph zone. I was very polite the whole time and the cop said he didn't really want to ticket me but he had called it out on the radio to other cops up the road to look out for me because he didn't think he could catch me since I was doing 80. OT wouldn't look good on him to not ticket me. I said oh well its not like I wasn't doing it. Then he said I bet that thing is a whole lot faster then that (referring to my CBR). I said oh yeah wanna race?

My point is be nice and accept what you did. If you didn't do what your being accused of stay relaxed knowing you can find a way to prove his mistake. Any type of disagreeing can be seen as arguing. They may be dicks at first but that's because they don't know who they are dealing with but trust me if your polite they will calm down.

Now go out to your street and film the area you rode in or at least take pictures of the speed limit signs and document their location. Get on a map site (mapquest Google rand mcnalley) and put your route in there.You left work or where ever at this time and got home at that time (hopefully the timing is close to the time it'd take to do the route obeying the speed limit.). Now print that map out and the location of the other stated road. This will show that it would be illogical for you to be on the other road. Take it to court and show 1 you were doing the speed limit. 2 the cop made a Mistake (not the cop is an idiot). If that other road is nearby it may not work but you can ask the cop if the place you violated this was at the traffic stop. Then ask if he can show the route he took from the stop to your apartment. This part is becoming a bit of a stretch to accomplish w/o a lawyer. Ask to see the documentation from the other stop dispatch transcripts and any tickets written. If his documentation shows him being on a different road than your ticket it will show his mistake. Make sure you dress nice and are well groomed when you go to court and don't wear a hat.

My guess of what happened is he saw the other car on the road stated on your ticket and mistakingly wrote the same info on your ticket.

One time I had a cop write a date on a ticket that was prior to me getting the ticket for my court date. I showed up a month late claiming I couldn't make the date on the ticket due to my inability to go back in time I thought it was a mistake and I was supposed to be in court on the current date. I didn't enter a plea but asked if I could speak to the judge and prosecutor first. I told asked if I plead guilty to speeding if I could get no points and no court costs just pay the fine. Then the prosecutor asked the judge if he and I could talk since the court room was not the place for the current discussion. The prosecutor also pointed out to the judge that he could see where the officer had corrected the date on his copy of the ticket. The judge agreed to let the prosecutor and I talk and scheduled a new court date. I had to wait for a few more cases to go through then the prosecutor and I talked. I told him what I thought was fair pay the fine and no court cost or points and he would get the warrant for me not appearing removed since that was the cops error and I couldn't make the date he put on my ticket. He agreed and all I had to do was pay the speeding fine.

Two officers one citizen equals a fine. The reason, I'm so smart I got stopped by two state troopers in Wapakoneta, OH last month. They stopped me for going 35 in 25mpg zone. Like you I had no idea the speed limit was 25, I thought it was 35. The officer that came up to me while I was in my truck ask me why I was not wearing my seat belt. I had the belt under my shoulder and showed him I had it buckled. The other officer comes up and started giving me attitude about why they stopped me. Long story short the first officer who was a nice guy said he would let me off with a warning. To my surprise the first officer comes back hands me a ticket for not having my seat belt buckled. I told him I thought I was getting a warning. He said for the speeding not for the seat belt. I considered fighting it because my belt was buckled.

I would have to make two trips to Wapa so I just paid the $80 fine. 2 officers equals a fine.

Since you have to make a court appearance, I would point out the errors on the ticket. You might win or get a reduced fine. Good luck.