Anyone still commuting in the cold?

ScubaCinci

I decided I'm going to ride into work tomorrow even though it will prolly be 40 degrees in the morning. I need to get some proper cold weather riding pants (I have some mesh pants currently) and I think I'll try to ride more, regardless of the cold. I have 25 mile commute, mostly interstate so it does get chilly!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 is a proper morning temperature. I will ride tomorrow morning.

errr, around here it might be closer to 36. (now 39)

Light thermals under jeans. 9miles @ 40mph traffic for me.

Edited by ReconRat

My lowest ill go is 32 which is about 27 wind temp... Iv been riding everyday it hasn't rained... I just wear two pairs of gloves and a flease under my leather jacket. My legs don't get toooooo cold under my jeans so that isn't a prob. However, if I start riding into the teens I'm gonna need to get some over pants. All the harly guys at work call me crazy... So, I call them fair weather riders... I think the title fits ;)

Still riding to school, I haven't had to buy my car parking pass yet and with the bike I get to park right outside the lab. Win/Win. I wear skiing gloves, and a fleece under my jacket that provides some neck coverage if I flip the collar up. Getting pretty friggin cold though now at 5:30, might have to hang up the helmet soon.

Last week was the first week I haven't ridden. I were 2-3 jackets, a baklava, winter gloves and my current pants have a flannel lining so I just were those. I never see anyone else until my ride home. I'm actually about to leave now.

I don't commute; too boring. I need to release demons when I ride. My downtown work route just doesn't cut it. :D

Sounds like you need a supermoto.

I haven't driven to work since june, truck is sitting in the driveway with expired plates and a dead battery. I love riding in the cold, free horsepower.

I commute as long as there is not a chance of snow. Been a few days that were below 20F. Heated grips make a difference as does a good jacket and wool socks.

Ofcourse my commute is all 35mph speed limits (~45mph) so not as much heat sucking wind as freeway commuting.

Last year I rode every month.

Craig

I ride everyday it doesn't rain. My commutes about 25 miles and 90% of it is 60 or faster. I wear thermals under jeans, snowboarding jacket, and some el cheapo leather gloves from Walmart that have proven best over all other gloves so far. I have no fairings on my bike, she's a streetfighter and I don't get too bothered.. Sometimes my hands get a little cold, but I just ordered hand guards to block the wind.. So we shall see!