Anyone still commuting in the cold?

ScubaCinci

A balaclava, also known as a balaclava helmet or ski mask, is a form of cloth headgear that covers the whole head, exposing only part of the face. Often only the eyes or eyes and mouth are left exposed. The name "balaclava" comes from the town of Balaklava, near Sevastopol in Crimea, Ukraine.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to ride but it's been below freezing in the morning for the last 2 weeks. The temp itself doesn't bother me but I do worry about ice on the road and the thousands of white knuckled slow as a snail braindead drivers I have to deal with on I-90E brake checking each other going toward Cleveland. Those fucktards ALL need to be retested. I don't understand how there's an accident each day.

I do intend on riding in tomorrow.

I'm on 75 for a very short time, maybe 5 miles, and I agree with ya jdonn. Mine was especially helpful this morning after finding out my gf has been cheating on me with one of my "best" friends for a couple months now. Anyone else enjoy just screaming your head off in your helmet? :D

I'm on 75 for a very short time, maybe 5 miles, and I agree with ya jdonn. Mine was especially helpful this morning after finding out my gf has been cheating on me with one of my "best" friends for a couple months now. Anyone else enjoy just screaming your head off in your helmet? :D

Lol, yeah. Except I'm usually screaming for the thrill of it all.

Wow that's a good friend there

Well that sucks. :beating:

I like to sing in my helmet :D

I don't commute where I currently work. It's about 20 miles away and not in a great area... I've already been rear ended in my car while I was stopped at a red light because some idiot wasn't paying attention, probably on his phone or something... He was uninsured too, was also 5 months after buying my first brand new car.

There is an alternate route I could take that avoids the freeway and would be a more enjoyable ride, but where I work is still a pain to get into and out of, and a bike with riding gear would make it even worse.

If my commute were shorter and less of a pain I'd probably still be riding. One night last week I rode for about 20-25 minutes when it was 29 degrees around midnight. My hands were freezing when I got back though, even with hand guards and silk liners under my gloves.

I'm still commuting 16 miles of freeway each way but only a couple times a week lately. Up until a couple of weeks ago it was every day. On a 1 to 10 scale of fun I'd give commuting by bike a 2 & commuting by car a 1. I'm just getting too lazy to put in all those layers every morning.