Lane splitting: Not addressed in codes or statutes?

Mc_spirited

Yeah, no doubt. If he didn't hide behind his badge because of his power trip he wouldn't have said:

:puke:What a jackass. :nono:

Either I'm a jackass or an asshole. Which is it? Go back to work flipping burgers at the Golden Arches.

:popcorn::boxing:

You ever spar in real life Nick? While I know you typically have the dissenting opinion on here, you seem to get into it with a lot of people -- not so much over your opinions, but usually because it erupts into a name-calling fest. I'm just wondering if you've ever written a check with your mouth that your ass, or your wallet, couldn't cash? I would hope cooler heads would prevail, but I have a feeling you'd escalate the situation... you wouldn't really say the stuff you do on here to some of the members if we were actually hanging out at an event or something, would you?

:popcorn::boxing:

if we were actually hanging out at an event or something, would you?

Sure, if I disagree, I'm never known to keep my thoughts to myself. Just ask my boss. This is my life and I don't let anyone control it. I do what I want to do. If you get in my way, then I will tell you. My best friend of over 20 years knows me so well it's hilarious. He knows what situations to keep me from. My wife also tells me to shutup sometimes because she's afraid I might cause trouble. If people walk towards me 3 wide in an aisle at a store and I'm trying to get by and they don't move...I'm the guy that will say something. I can't stand most people, but when I like you or consider you a friend, I will do anything for you. I am a good friend, that I believe in. But I don't take shit at all. Sorry to dissappoint you Justin. ;) I use to take shit....then probably 5 years ago I finally snapped and realized that I can't stand sharing this world with most people. People have pissed me off so badly that I'm bitter towards our civilization. You ever seen that movie with Michael Douglas "Fallen"? :D I LOVE THAT MOVIE!

I am torn on this one. I have quite a few friends who are with the PD and none of them are like what Nick describes. BUT, I know them as friends, not as cops... they may be complete dicks on the job b/c of the shit they have to put up with.

I think there are a certain few that are on a power trip.. they are the ones that were picked on in high school and are being dicks to whomever might remind them of someone they didnt like and they make them pay. Then there are the ones that think that everyone hates them b/c they are cops and are automatically on the defensive when they deal with people.

If you break the law, you deserve to the consequences. I have gotten tickets that I did NOT deserve.. but have also been sent on my merry way when I DID deserve a ticket. It just depends on the person I think.

There are lots of cops on here. Most of them, just like anybody else, are cool. There are a few cops who have been on this board from the beginning. You all just don't know they're cops. Then there are the few who think they're awesome because they're cops and want everyone to know it. We had one guy like that a while back. He left. I personally don't care who's a cop and who's not. If you're cool, you're cool. If you're a dick, well then you're a dick. Just the same as age, race, etc.

I had a good time and met some great people that day. If your never going to meet me, then don't bother talking to me. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm being serious. You even look like an asshole online JRMiii. ;)

Again...with the missing letters. :D I can't win.

I guess I totally missed the point you were trying to make. All I got out of your post was that you'd like to isolate yourself and live in your own little world -- which is pretty much impossible, and that I'm apparently an asshole because I "look" like one on the internet -- whatever that means... like physically since you've stalked my MySpace, or you just disagree with my thought processes and logic? Please explain.

I see the pictures, but don't understand where you're going with this... yes, you are capable of controlling yourself in a group, but it's not like anyone would ever tell you to your face that you're "that guy" because common courtesy typically prevails. Who knows if you are "that guy", maybe you're not? I'd like to think you're not, but I also think everyone can find the patience to deal with people and groups of people. The issue is that you're the one that doesn't like them...

...probably 5 years ago I finally snapped and realized that I can't stand sharing this world with most people. People have pissed me off so badly that I'm bitter towards our civilization.
I don't really have any problems with anyone here. Hell Nick, as much as we butt heads, I wouldn't even be opposed to meeting you. I just don't think you could stand meeting me because your views on the world get in the way of opening your mind to the thought of chillin with someone that doesn't agree with you 100%.

But to the group point, people don't have to spend 500+ days in a space capsule with you, they only have to spend a day so it's not worth their time and effort to cause a scene. From what I can tell, most of the people on here are laid back enough to let people with contrasting opinions vocalize those opinions without getting to uppity about it, but they're not agreeing with them or condoning those opinions. They won't debate with you because it's just not worth their time, or their counter opinions will end up with name-calling fests (see: not worth it), or various other reasons. Fortunately or unfortunately for the good people of this board, I have the time (since I'm stuck sitting in front of my computer doing grad school papers anyway), and I like a good debate.

I consider myself pretty educated and quick to pick things up, but you need to try again explaining the point you were trying to make with your previous posts...spell it out for me.

Again...with the missing letters. :D I can't win.

I guess I totally missed the point you were trying to make. All I got out of your post was that you'd like to isolate yourself and live in your own little world -- which is pretty much impossible, and that I'm apparently an asshole because I "look" like one on the internet -- whatever that means... like physically since you've stalked my MySpace, or you just disagree with my thought processes and logic? Please explain.

I see the pictures, but don't understand where you're going with this... yes, you are capable of controlling yourself in a group, but it's not like anyone would ever tell you to your face that you're "that guy" because common courtesy typically prevails. Who knows if you are "that guy", maybe you're not? I'd like to think you're not, but I also think everyone can find the patience to deal with people and groups of people. The issue is that you're the one that doesn't like them... I don't really have any problems with anyone here. Hell Nick, as much as we butt heads, I wouldn't even be opposed to meeting you. I just don't think you could stand meeting me because your views on the world get in the way of opening your mind to the thought of chillin with someone that doesn't agree with you 100%.

But to the group point, people don't have to spend 500+ days in a space capsule with you, they only have to spend a day so it's not worth their time and effort to cause a scene. From what I can tell, most of the people on here are laid back enough to let people with contrasting opinions vocalize those opinions without getting to uppity about it, but they're not agreeing with them or condoning those opinions. They won't debate with you because it's just not worth their time, or their counter opinions will end up with name-calling fests (see: not worth it), or various other reasons. Fortunately or unfortunately for the good people of this board, I have the time (since I'm stuck sitting in front of my computer doing grad school papers anyway), and I like a good debate.

I consider myself pretty educated and quick to pick things up, but you need to try again explaining the point you were trying to make with your previous posts...spell it out for me.

Fuck you.

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Just kidding. :D

like physically since you've stalked my MySpace, or you just disagree with my thought processes and logic? Please explain.

All your thought processes.

I just don't think you could stand meeting me because your views on the world get in the way of opening your mind to the thought of chillin with someone that doesn't agree with you 100%.

Yeah, I try not to hang around others for too long if I totally disagree on their opinions. There's no point to.

I consider you full of yourself because you're in grad school. :D Your Head------> :microwave:

But to the group point, people don't have to spend 500+ days in a space capsule with you, they only have to spend a day so it's not worth their time and effort to cause a scene. They won't debate with you because it's just not worth their time, or their counter opinions will end up with name-calling fests (see: not worth it), or various other reasons. Fortunately or unfortunately for the good people of this board, I have the time (since I'm stuck sitting in front of my computer doing grad school papers anyway), and I like a good debate.

If that's true, then so be it. I don't have to be part of Ohio-Riders. If anyone doesn't want me around or to join them for hangouts or rides, all they have to do is say it and I will leave the group.

I don't want to be where I'm not welcomed.

There's a fine line between being conceited and being proud of your accomplishments, or at least being proud you're working towards them. I think I'm still on the proper side of that line. I don't know why you have that opinion of me, but whatev... we could debate that forever, but this isn't the forum for that debate.

But I still don't see what my being "full of myself" (according to you) has anything to do with the original topic of why you end up in pissing matches with numerous members on the board (Lizard, VMX, myself...just to name the recent few)? The only common factor is you, since other than riding, I doubt I have much in common with those other two guys considering our backgrounds.

I'm just really trying to understand where you're coming from on some of your viewpoints because, again this is just my opinion, they seem awful shortsighted, narrow, and selfish. It's great you have an opinion, can write it down for everyone and stand by it... but when challenged, why do you get defensive? You shouldn't have to get defensive if your thoughts are based on fact, logic, merit and/or experience, but it seems you "don't have much of a kickstand to lean on" when someone challenges your views. Thus resulting in the pissing matches and name calling.

Thus resulting in the pissing matches and name calling.

Ok, you're not a psychologist, so quit trying to analyze me. Why do you keep sweating me? Get off my nuts already dude. Geesh.

Oh, I don't need facts. Someones opinion is their opinion. You get your opinions mostly by what the facts are in some cases. If the opinion is different than the facts, then obviously their opinion is how they think it should be.

I'm leaving work now. Bye.

but usually because it erupts into a name-calling fest.

If you notice, I NEVER start any name calling. You should pay more attention to detail bud. The cop called me a prick and that is when I retaliated. Same with you the other day. You called me a name 1st and therefore I retaliated. I play defense 90% of the time. You as of right now have been playing offense for the longest. So in all honesty, who's the trouble maker?;)

I see your age shine through more and more every time you talk to me.

If you notice, I NEVER start any name calling. You should pay more attention to detail bud. The cop called me a prick and that is when I retaliated. Same with you the other day. You called me a name 1st and therefore I retaliated. I play defense 90% of the time. You as of right now have been playing offense for the longest. So in all honesty, who's the trouble maker?;)

I see your age shine through more and more every time you talk to me.

Speaking of age, shouldn't you have been the bigger OLDER man and walked away from this by now? I'm mature enough to not blow a gasket just based on some words someone types. I can't even find where he called you a prick...:rolleyes: In fact you called him a prick first, on page 5. Get your facts straight.

You really have to watch when you use words like ALWAYS and NEVER, especially when you're wrong. Referencing this thread (http://ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=12341&page=2) you started the name calling by telling me to "suck [your] dick muthafucka", when I made no reference to you before that other than questioning where you got your facts ("do you just shit facts?"), which is hardly name calling since it refers to your facts, not YOU personally.

And I believe you were the first one to start with the names on this particular thread (http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=11965&page=5) when you said that "most cops are assholes" knowing full well that VMX was a cop and following this thread. Do you do that just to get a reaction from him? What was the purpose of that comment? And calling you a "Jerk" pales in comparison to your following swear-laden post with the middle finger smiley. So, he shouldn't have called you a jerk, you shouldn't have lumped him in with other asshole cops.

But, you show your maturity when you escalate all this into your vulgar tirades. If you look at subsequent posts...yours are laden with swears and personal attacks. VMX only uses "bitch" as the single additional swear word in the rest of his posts. Does swearing and flipping the bird make you feel like more of a man? I mean, c'mon now, this isn't 5th grade. We all KNOW swear words and can use them -- find something more intelligent to say and attack the issues rather than the person.

Nick is just an asshole. I told him this at the dyno day. :D

That's fine and dandy, but we're adults here (I think?)... you can only hide behind the "ohh, don't mind him -- he's just being his asshole-self" for so long before that game gets old and that act gets annoying.

But I can handle it as long as ya'll can. :D