Franklin University?

NinjaNick

Columbus State is huge on-line as well. There are tons of on-line universities now. It's hard to pick the ones that are legitimate and also worthy. Co-workers all get degrees in education from some on-line down in Florida that's well recognized. But I'd rather stick with a brick n mortar school that offers on-line classes.

Most of Ohio schools transfer courses fairly easily. So take a look around Ohio and see what sort of degree can be had. Then look to see what classes can be taken cheaper somewhere else and transferred.

Also, some classes or exams may have to be taken on a campus. So I'd think, don't make the degree program too far away from home.

So Franklin, I'm not too familiar with what they are offering right now. But it seems to me the degree there in some fields, has good credibility.

It's a business school... That is their "speciality". All of their classes require you to turn your homework in prior to the week the material is covered in class. Also, there are TONS of writing assignments. I have never written soooo many papers in my life (and I was going for a BS in IT). After 2 trimesters, I transferred back to ITT and finished my AAS. I was going for the money from the GI bill anyways. Personally, I hated it there... But thats what I get for going to a business for IT lol...

Most all online course are you teach yourself. They give you the material, and you read it. There is no traditional instruction.

Read crap + write paper + post on response boards = online school

Yeah, that sucks. I'll pass on that style of learning. I've taken a few online from a local brick college here and they did it nicely and no papers. It was watching learning videos (.mpeg), doing work (not written papers) and uploading it for the professor, and online multiple choice tests. I'm not a big believer in the schools that just say read this and write a paper; I don't think that teaches us well IMO.

Yeah, that sucks. I'll pass on that style of learning. I've taken a few online from a local brick college here and they did it nicely and no papers. It was watching learning videos (.mpeg), doing work (not written papers) and uploading it for the professor, and online multiple choice tests. I'm not a big believer in the schools that just say read this and write a paper; I don't think that teaches us well IMO.

I took four or five classes through Grand Canyon University, and it was horrible. If you just need/want a degree it's fine. I actually would like to accrue knowledge that I would be able to apply to my job.

That said, it works for some people and GCU was SUPER EASY. GCU was the same format for every class: 1 public post per week, 2 response posts on others public posts per week, some sort of paper each week and some sort of end of quarter paper. Occasionally it got into stupid and had a "group" project...just dumb.

Different strokes I guess...

I know two people getting their MBA's from there online and they seem to like it. One of my friends has already finished his MBA from there and has been pretty successful. That being said there's a huge difference in what we are talking about. I'd think its more respectable than say a University of Phoenix. Good luck! I'd also check out Ashland University. I'm doing my MBA online with them and its great.

I did my degree there online.... Idk what you're talking about in regards to turning in assignments before the material is covered though, that wasn't my experience at all..... They make it so easy to get a degree while you're working too... If it wasn't so pricey, I would say it's an awesome school.... Hope you like writing papers and posting on bulletin boards though lol... I wrote like 1-3 papers per week, averaging 5 pages each... Capstone paper was 47 pages or something up there

Ppl's pay or level in an organization doesn't mean the degree and school is a respected institution. Many times these degrees are simply checks in box that help individuals get past a hurdle and are already tracked to success. It really depends what you're looking to get out of this degree wrt to your career.