I'm thinking....

Unk Greg

Do like! Classic style has always appealed to me but too many are under powered. What's the output on that 1100?

Site doesn't say, figure it has to be better than the '78 SS 750 I take out once in a while...80 on it seems like an accomplishment.

Waiting on email inquiry.

What's the output on that 1100?

Around 87 or 88 hp if you can believe the first reports.

So Greg, once you figure out the argument that convinces your wife that everyone needs 12 motorcycles (because 11 just isn't enough), you're required to post it here for all of us to read, if only for purposes of historical documentation. :bow:

• 2 months later...

This brings back the 1970s styling trend that mystifies me more than any other: chrome fenders. I'm not into chrome myself, but I can sorta understand chrome wheels, maybe some chrome trim to highlight a bike's lines. But who was the styling genius who decided that the thing you should look at most on a bike was the fenders, and therefore decided to chrome them?

Couldn't get near the Honda CB1100 at IMS! Eventually did....wife sat on it and likes it too.....ha...green lite!

It fits her too....sooooo, new bike for mommie dearest? What are them lotto numbers again?

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Around 87 or 88 hp if you can believe the first reports.

So Greg, once you figure out the argument that convinces your wife that everyone needs 12 motorcycles (because 11 just isn't enough), you're required to post it here for all of us to read, if only for purposes of historical documentation. :bow:

Uhmmm, it has become ....wife in car as I am taking her out to dinner...."I get new dishes and glassware." After dinner out and then ride home, added in, .."and the house needs new carpet"...All this as ... yep, another one stuffed in the garage. Ha!

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Do like! Classic style has always appealed to me but too many are under powered. What's the output on that 1100?

It looks like a 2 valve head so I wouldn't expect stock horsepower to be above 85-90 horsepower. At best.

It looks like a 2 valve head so I wouldn't expect stock horsepower to be above 85-90 horsepower. At best.

But that's still comparable to bikes like the Monster 796 and 1100EVO, though the I4 probably is a little weaker at the low end. Still should be buckets of fun.

On a side note, my first car had roughly that many ponies :(