Browns 20 Steelers 14

Kosmo

No one hates the Browns, Koz. Feel bad for them, yes. Hate, no.

I'm a steelers fan and didn't see the game, but I was shocked that our banged up and nearly crippled team couldn't get past the Browns.

Made the wife very happy so it's all good.

You gonna make it to the Gap trip with us this year?

i won my bet and wiped my ass with one of those little yellow pansy towels. I took it to the next level by saying i was throwing it in the garbage but instead hung it from my friends antenna

it was a good weekend

As a Steelers fan, I'll suck it up and say we deserved to lose. I expected "Check-down Charlie" to throw some INT's, but I didn't expect the running backs to cough up 5 fumbles. Even if Big Ben was playing that is a hard stat to overcome.

I guess that's why they play the games instead if just awarding the win to whichever team looks better in paper.

The Stillers had their third string QB in, and the Browns had Pat Shurmer coaching. Sounds about even to me.

It shouldn't have been close with all those fumbles, but the Stillers also shouldn't have scored on the third play of the game. A win is a win.

Another thought after watching the game...the NFL is getting hard to watch these days. At one point there were 5 plays in a row flagged for holding. 2 against Steelers, 1 on the punt, and 2 more on the Browns. I don't think any of these "holds" directly impacted the plays. Let the guys play and let us watch some football.

Another thought after watching the game...the NFL is getting hard to watch these days. At one point there were 5 plays in a row flagged for holding. 2 against Steelers, 1 on the punt, and 2 more on the Browns. I don't think any of these "holds" directly impacted the plays. Let the guys play and let us watch some football.

How about the players follow the rules and not hold. Then we can let the players play. :dunno:

There's a fine line between following the rules, and the refs being flag-happy. Did you watch the game and know the plays I'm referring to? They were quite ridiculous. Like they were trying to make up for bad holding calls on one team by calling them on the other.

the flags were ridiculous yesterday

all my shitsburgh friends are blaming batch and I'm glad to see several people here aren't dumbass yinzers because he didn't cough up the 5 fumbles albeit he did suck up the field

If it wasn't for a shit call(down by contact instead of obvious strip) just before the two minute warning, it would have been and interesting last 2 minutes.

sometimes you get shit calls... we've gotten our fair share...

and if the stillers hadn't burnt their 3 time outs in rapid fire succession, they'd have had a chance to throw a challenge flag.

yeah, because the Browns haven't been routinely fucked by bad calls for the last decade...

A win is a win. I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day of the week.

The Browns have 2 division wins for the first time since 2007, and next week against Oakland is a game we have a legit shot at winning (arguably an even BETTER shot with McCoy starting...).

after that tough buckeyes win (tough because the fucking bucks couldn't finish the fucking job in the end zone), i wouldn't let myself believe that we would have such glorious sports luck, but god smiled down up on us that weekend.

you are all lucky i was wearing my lucky underwear. it's michigan underwear in which i purposefully violently shart

sometimes you get shit calls... we've gotten our fair share...

and if the stillers hadn't burnt their 3 time outs in rapid fire succession, they'd have had a chance to throw a challenge flag.

I agree, but it just goes to show how arbitrary the rules are. If it was ruled a fumble, it is an automatic review. If it happened 10 seconds later, automatic review. The browns player was literally a yard had and a half away from the ball when he finally went down...painfully obvious wheb viewing from the TV camera angle.

I don't get the half implementation of box reviews and the challenge system, using it part of the time is admitting refs are fallible, not using it all the time is denying integrity to the game.