Ticket = Ins. increase

Tonik

Don't get many tickets, so this surprises me. By not many I get one every 10 years or so. Got one this summer, 12 over. My insurance went up 300 bucks a year? I expected an increase but that seems excessive. What have the rest of you experienced when getting a ticket.

Yea, already all over that. It appears to be the perfect storm. They had a car insurance increase...and some other discounts they no longer offer plus some for the ticket. Shame, they have been a good insurance company but going from 1600 to 1900 in one year on our cars is not going to cut it.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, $0 comp, $500 collision

2010 Toyota Rav 4 $500 on both.

All the coverage, $300k, $100k, etc. Rental, towing, etc.

$850 per year, Erie Insurance.

Both have clean records, plus home and life through Erie.

Insurance can be almost impossible to compare to other people...so many variables...

I pay $1800 but I have 3 cars with 100,000/300,000 and deductibles at $50/$250 and a 16 year old driver that is through geico I had allstate but when I called to add my daughter my agent said he couldn't give me a quote until she had her license which is BS since Ohio requires she has insurance before she can get a license but he said plan on it at least doubling so I switched to geico have better coverage and lower deductibles added a 3rd car and 16yr old and my insurance went up $110 a year

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, $0 comp, $500 collision

2010 Toyota Rav 4 $500 on both.

All the coverage, $300k, $100k, etc. Rental, towing, etc.

$850 per year, Erie Insurance.

Both have clean records, plus home and life through Erie.

Insurance can be almost impossible to compare to other people...so many variables...

$850 a year :eek:????? or $850 every 6 months?

Progressive

$70/ Month..

2 Cars:

1 1968 Volkswagen Dune buggy with bare minimum legal insurance

1 2001 Cadillac Eldorado with $500 deductible full coverage

$11/ Month

2 Bikes:

1 1982 Honda CM450E Bare minimum legal

1 2001 Honda CBR1100XX Bare minimum legal

some tickets still on my record, one within the last couple years.

$850 a year, honest.

I have been with Erie since 2002.

Parents are with them now and love them, said it's the cheapest and best coverages they have ever had.

We are with Progressive now, 2012 Escape, 05 F250, 92 Accord, 01 Toy Hauler. Escape and 250 have the normal, 500 deductables and coverages are normal 300/100/100, Accord is liability only, and Toy Hauler is actually like bumper to bumper with 1,000 deductable I believe, and I can add more coverage on the contents when I have a bike or golf cart in it etc.

We pay 1400 a year, for all of that, of course that is with my OVI and wife has a clear record. I also had a car stolen during the 3 yr OVI Period while I was at work, so 2 major claims in the last 5 years, which we had to drop Nationwide because of. They wanted 1200 a half, Progressive was the cheapest when I got my OVI and stolen truck by far.

House is with Progressive as well, but that's escrowed.

We pay about $72/mo ($865/yr) for our cars - 2011 Nissan Rogue with comprehensive coverage and a 1997 Mercury Sable with liability plus on it. We have all the bells and whistles, rental coverage (even on my Sable) and our homeowners is also through the same company - Hanover Insurance. I use an independent agent here in Columbus and he's always taken care of us. There was a while there I had a different car every four months and he would change my coverage with a simple email. No need to bring the car in, etc. What's nice about him is he represents a dozen or so carriers, so if something like this were to happen to me, he could negotiate a better deal elsewhere. I can PM you his info - he's in Pickerington, but he can work via phone or email.

I'm with AmFam. I pay 1500/yr for 100/300 full coverage on my 2005 Subaru legacy GT, 2001 Subaru Outback, 2011 Suzuki VStrom. I also have liability only / state minimum on an '87 Fullsize Bronco. No tickets, but my wife and I both had at-fault accidents two years ago (The same week - both claims were processed simultaneously. Didn't get a christmas card from my agent that year!) - both cost around $4k and were both paying a 200/yr surcharge for 3 years for that. Will be 1100/yr once that surcharge drops off.

Edited by Scruit

I have a "ticket forgiveness" written into my policy. It will not raise your rates for minor misdemeanor traffic offenses. I got a 93 in a 55 in 2006 and it didn't go up.

Dang, 93 in a 55 must have left you with a sore butt. What did it cost?

$300 a year does seem a bit steep for your first ticket in 10 years. What insurance company are you with? Some are more forgiving than others. Geico never raised my rates, but they flat out dropped me after one turning right on red violation and 1 speeding ticket that was dropped to 54 in a 50 during the same year. Lame...

Dang, 93 in a 55 must have left you with a sore butt. What did it cost?
It was under 200 bucks surprisingly...I thought I was going 70 something after passing a truck on a country road. OHP got me on the radar coming the other direction. He was cool as hell too which was surprising...