Wrecked, but very very lucky..

bshultz0930

well saturday when we went out, i put the bike in the ditch. i dont really remember the wreck though. i blacked out going into it, due to being terrified, and woke back up after the bike and i were settled when i arose the back tire of the bike was in the direction we were going, so i think the bike flipped somehow. idk where we were at, but we were going into a turn, speed unknown, id say at least 50, and there was a bridge with that metal in the road that connects the bridge and road, which i believe upset the bike and shot me towards the ditch, i have no other explanation. uncle punk and dgasser were with me, thank god because they were able to figure out how to tape my left clip on to the forks so i could make the 3 hour ride home. but im feeling pretty lucky about life, walked away with a sore knee, not even a scratch. +1 for helmet.

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

• Upvote 1

So... I see you're in Grafton. Where did this happen?

yes, i do live in grafton, but this happened way south, i know it took us probably 1.5 hours to even reach canton again. but like i said, i had no idea where we were at.. dgasser would know better.

Sucks, but good to hear you're OK.

I'm out today but I'm really paranoid. Riding like a 90yr old man on a scooter - picking my way between paint and metal covers like my life depends on it. The roads are wet, but they're more than that - they're especially slick. Even when putting my feet on the road at stops I can feel the road being like ice. In fact I think I'm gonna switch back to the car before I pick my son up from school. I just don't feel good about today.

It was the same last night in my cage - set off home from the pizza place and almost spun out just pulling onto the road - and I drive a Subaru!

Uncle Pink always blames a guy named jinx for people falling off, but i'm pretty sure it's just him and the "jinx" fellow is a figment of his crazed, adrenaline addled imagination.

i tried too.. lol.. but they said they would keep it normal safe pace, and they did, it was just a random fluke error, nothing to do with pace or anything.

Yeah, I was thinking about that....felt a little guilty that we talked you into continuing to ride with us, and this happened. This was OH148 just west of OH9.

Here is a link to a couple of pics before the bad stuff happens:

http://rideohiomc1.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=ridereports&thread=5013

Dave G.

Uncle Pink always blames a guy named jinx for people falling off, but i'm pretty sure it's just him and the "jinx" fellow is a figment of his crazed, adrenaline addled imagination.

Now that I think about it, the ride I took with UP a guy on a Buell took an ambulance ride home for a dislocated hip or something lol, glad to see you're ok though.

no no, it's uncle pink's fault

obviously, we, who weren't at the ride, know better than you, who was the crashee

(ie, we're joshin' around to poke fun at uncle punk. relax, feel better, let us gay up the thread like usual for your amusement)