Gas Line Explodes - I-77 WV

ReconRat

CNN Video 02:04 PM ET

Multiple structures on fire after gas line explodes in Sissonville, West Virginia

Well, glad I wasn't on I-77 today...

Sissonville%20Explosion.jpg

That's the county where Charleston is.

Explosion was at Sissonville, West Virginia. North of Charleston.

sissroad_I121211155152.jpg

http://www.dailymail.com/mediafiles/thumbs/450/600/sissroad_I121211155152.jpg

Edited by ReconRat

Oh thank god that has no potential for blow back on us

Could be any variable of factors including domestic terrorism. And no I'm not joking, in the last 6 months countless pipe bombs have been discovered on right of ways and transmission lines in the Marcellus and Utica shake areas.

Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

So the little bit of inside info we've gotten is that it is a Columbia Gas line and they think foul play could be involved. However, this was from inside the company so I'm guessing they wouldn't admit a faulty line until they knew for sure and needed it fixed, even to us.

I haven't had time today though to dig into exactly what line it is or anything to see what kind of pipe, pressure and age of the line is though

I read 20 inch transmission line.

sounds about right, I figured it would be 20 or 24". Had to be steel then, I'm intrigued to find out more details of who the contractor was that did it or if it was old pipe or what not. That is a bit farther south than we work so nobody in the office knows any more than what is in the news yet

Just hit the CNN link. In the comments some dicksack named 'angel' is attributing this to polar shifts and 12/21/12.... "there will be a lot of pipelines snapping due to internal changes in the earth etc..." I guess nobody told her these lines aren't burried anywhere near the internal part of the earth, or that if it was from magnetic forces, we would be seeing our cars, ovens etc deforming as well.

So the little bit of inside info we've gotten is that it is a Columbia Gas line and they think foul play could be involved. However, this was from inside the company so I'm guessing they wouldn't admit a faulty line until they knew for sure and needed it fixed, even to us.

I haven't had time today though to dig into exactly what line it is or anything to see what kind of pipe, pressure and age of the line is though

The local provider in that area is Mountaineer Gas Company but the line very well could be owned by Columbia Gas.

Just hit the CNN link. In the comments some dicksack named 'angel' is attributing this to polar shifts and 12/21/12.... "there will be a lot of pipelines snapping due to internal changes in the earth etc..." I guess nobody told her these lines aren't burried anywhere near the internal part of the earth, or that if it was from magnetic forces, we would be seeing our cars, ovens etc deforming as well.

My car is deforming. :dunno: