Illinois passes Concealed Carry

ReconRat

Or actually, a federal appeals court ordered the state to implement.

The last state to allow Concealed Carry

State has 180 days to set it up.

I wonder if there will be any reciprocity with other states.

I really doubt that.

Court strikes down Illinois concealed carry ban

Woot! Hope we get reciprocity. Its the only state I have to unload for when going to the inlaws

Couldn't even transport a handgun into Illinois, I thought.

Certainly not into Chicago.

nm, from Illinois State Police website:

bluearrowbullet.png How do I legally transport a firearm on my person or in my vehicle?

In order to comply with the Criminal Code, the Wildlife Code, and the Firearm Owner’s Identification Act, when transporting a firearm, it must be:

1. broken down in a non-functioning state; or
  2. not immediately accessible; or
  3. unloaded and enclosed in a case, firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container by a person who has been issued a currently valid Firearm Owner’s Identification Card.

Edited by ReconRat

Couldn't even transport a handgun into Illinois, I thought.

Certainly not into Chicago.

nm, from Illinois State Police website:

bluearrowbullet.png How do I legally transport a firearm on my person or in my vehicle?

In order to comply with the Criminal Code, the Wildlife Code, and the Firearm Owner’s Identification Act, when transporting a firearm, it must be:

1. broken down in a non-functioning state; or
  2. not immediately accessible; or
  3. unloaded and enclosed in a case, firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container by a person who has been issued a currently valid Firearm Owner’s Identification Card.

Those statues don't come into play if you are transporting THROUGH Illinois, then only the federal FOPA comes into play.

Those statues don't come into play if you are transporting THROUGH Illinois, then only the federal FOPA comes into play.

True, but don't try it going through Maryland. They don't care.

Actually, California is a pain also.

So Illinois has no statewide CCW law. An outright ban. Fed appeals court says that's unconstitutional:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/11/illinois-concealed-carry-_n_2278114.html

If it gets appealed to the Supreme Court, then guess what? That decision is nationwide. California, New York City, everywhere...

• Upvote 1