Build thread. Crate to racebike in how many steps???

Moto-Brian

:hungry:

Livin, Brian knows a thing or two about racing/bikes and is probably one of the most knowledgeable persons on this board. I know your offering constructive help & advice....but he knows what he's are doing and getting into. Since we know him personally, we'll just let him reply.

cool ,do you have his autogragh too ? since you know him personally and all.:bow:

Actually, if you're on the AMA grid, then you would know Brian too, especially if you've been around 4+ years.

Answered this question after re-reading your response.

If you moved up a class this year then you definitely know Brian, he'll be around to get us more info on the build I'm sure. Super nice dude, and always helps out us lower caliber racers, all while showing us a lot of respect.

Edited by madcat6183

like anybody , have a desire to learn , weather it is from others or on my own .

if i make a mistake i admit it and if a part fails we recognize it and the manufacturer of said part, if they are reputable, wants to better the product to eliminate further issues down the road and they usually want there other customers to either be aware or to possibly upgrade or replace a part that might not be up to task.

or it could just be the oddball failure.

i do not need to get into a dick measuring contest with you and brian h. you guys got that covered on who knows what and who knows who.

just got on this forum and it seems as though there is alot of advertising bias .

and one sided info .

maybe i read it wrong

this was in response to a post by nathan that he has since edited to one word

Edited by livinthedream

Actually, if you're on the AMA grid, then you would know Brian too, especially if you've been around 4+ years.

Answered this question after re-reading your response.

If you moved up a class this year then you definitely know Brian, he'll be around to get us more info on the build I'm sure. Super nice dude, and always helps out us lower caliber racers, all while showing us a lot of respect.

certainly do know brian , but like all of us he is a regular guy and maybe can be wrong and not have all the info that is out there. or all the info that is learned from experience in different enviorments.

if you are only looking for experience from only riders discount and brian h.

i will go back to my hole and read to myself

Instead of getting into the dick measuring contest that you obviously want to get into I have decided to take the high road. I do find it very interesting that you come on here with 12 posts and try to lecture us and everyone else on the board as to why we should explain an "oddball" part failure.

By the way what is your name and what AMA team do you work for?

Instead of getting into the dick measuring contest that you obviously want to get into I have decided to take the high road. I do find it very interesting that you come on here with 12 posts and try to lecture us and everyone else on the board as to why we should explain an "oddball" part failure.

By the way what is your name and what AMA team do you work for?

didn t know that the amount of posts was equal to how much you know.

just learned something again, thanks

you sure seem emotional

I know and Brian know's that he doesn't know everything, I was just making light of your earlier posts. Of course one can learn and does daily, but just wanted to make sure everyone was playing nice. Not sure that's going to last though.

never intended to seem as though i was attacking brian

for example he and tj / nathan had a discussion about the R1 and how their built frame was the same as josh hayes . yes maybe at the time but brian h was absolutely correct in saying todays factory r1 is diff.

here is an example

pegram severly damaged his A bike in the chicane and his crew and yamaha spent alot of time and resources to repair it asap rather than get on his B bike.

he only has 1 of the new chassis and did not want to ride the B bike.

his B bike can be built by a competent crew with resources but his A bike has alot of un-obtainium on it . and those things are the technology from wsb and japan.

hows that for being on brians team.

like i said before, seemed like there was alot of biased info on this forum , all i have tried to do is posibly add to or disclaim some incorrect info.

well i have a little bit of experience and knowledge , but seem to learn everyday.

lotsa lessons learned as i am going into my fourth year as a crew chief for a fairly successful ama team , we have been lucky enough to be a top ten finisher the past three years in a row.

this year will be another learning year as we have moved up a class.

glad to know you feel brian has all the answers .

bet he is still learning everyday.

my posts as it said was fyi not directed to brian in any way.

If this is true about being a crew chief for an ama team then my ears are open. One big thing that would help out and not catch as much flack is simply identifying yourself. I mean anyone can come on a internet site and be whoever they wanna be. I'm not biased in any form and appreciate any info but I want it to be a credible source

Whomever Livin is, he is correct on a few things. I am not sure if this is a troll or someone who is legit. It seems to be basic knowledge that can be sourced anywhere as I am not sure what the issue is with the posts I have made.

Whatever. The more knowledge we all get, the better we all become. I don't have all the answers. I've just been blessed with being around a lot of different leveled people in this business and have heard things that apparently were not true to things that not many know. It's just part of being a fly on a rather large wall.

All I know is that I am no Superbike racer. I never claim to be fast nor even that good. Had a lot of lucky breaks and have been behind or passed by some of the best racers in the world.

But, there are some that get threatened by things or feel they have more to offer. Dunno. Comments made here by Livin seem weird and yet supportive. It really has me scratching my skull. Crew chief for a top AMA team... Only 4 years experience at that level rules out someone like Medley or similar. Top ten and living around here could be someone like Pegrams guy, but he doesn't sound to be that dude. I also think Larry's guy has more than 4 years on board, but could be wrong.

Not sure the issue with Nate's comments on 7lbs. If a team like Rider's who has a top notch racer like they do, EVERY little bit counts. EVERY. Everyone else they are racing at the level they do are doing as much as they can and it gets to a point where they are so close that small and seemingly trivial things can add up. Rider's shaving 7 lbs means a lot. Me shedding 7 lbs is not much at all. 195lb rider with average talent and old? Yeah... Not a big gain.

But, if Livin is critical of my response saying 7 lbs is a horsepower, it is close. Not exact, but he should know that weight is relative and doesn't add HP, but rather lowers that power to weight ratio which is similar to adding HP.

As to Livin's question about the gas charged stuff, I am wondering who he is. I am thinking it may be a certain guy we all know who would have to reveal himself before I give out guesses. He knows me rather well apparently, but is hiding behind a screen name. Well, maybe not hiding as we all have silly names or names that mean something to us all, but isn't willing to come out and say who he is or what team he crewed for.

But, about the Ohlins... I don't have the money, man and quite honestly, I haven't heard a lot of positive feedback or an overwhelming response that would make me trend away from what I know or can understand with little effort.

And, if you are the guy you say you are and have a finger on the pulse of the racing industry, you know who TJ is and you should know the quality of the build and how high the standard will be when completed. You also would know TJ's background that allows me to say that.

In any case, sorry everyone for a lackluster e-battle. I just don't know who it is and honestly, he isn't really bashing anything. Some weird comments, but maybe he is a crew chief for Pegram. Hell, he supported my comments on the R1... It's really strange...

• Upvote 1

Oh, and I am not the know it all guy. I am probably just one of several guys that know a few things, but I am the one that posts more. Makes me look that way, maybe. Again, don't know.

I know a few buddies that are racing or have been racers at a SUPER top level. I know Reuben hardly ever posts, but has more experience than most people I know in terms of all aspects of the racing side of things. Ryan Kerr's dad has assisted Ryan for a few years racing in AMA and they have had some great results and I was happy to see he is riding a liter bike. Weird he went the way of a GSXR, but in any case, the kid is stupid fast and I was actually proud of him the way he was tearing it up on his ZX10.

I also know Brandon from Junkies took a lot of heat indirectly from me after his AMA efforts, but realize he is a guy that is trying hard and does have passion.

It takes all kinds. Livin sounds like he knows some stuff and if he says he is still learning, that means he doesn't appear to be a know it all. That's good.

More the merrier. Although I would like to know who he is and if he has a similar name, I don't want any part of him...

its all about perception, what you want to read , vs opening your mind and letting it sink in

. brian you did just that,

you did not fly off and get in a battle of the keyboard, congrats you will get a pm and i will take my mask off to you .

get the f ing gas cartridges ,

and in ama there is a weight limit in all classes and in dsb / ssport most bikes are at the min without ti-

i know that doesnt affect you but def the RD bikes

our bikes were 354-355 - only ti was the exhaust

guess we must of had some magic since we dont have money or good looks

Edited by livinthedream

its all about perception, what you want to read , vs opening your mind and letting it sink in

you did not fly off and get in a battle of the keyboard, congrats you will get a pm and i will take my mask off to you .

get the f ing gas cartridges ,

and in ama there is a weight limit in all classes and in dsb / ssport most bikes are at the min without ti-

i know that doesnt affect you but def the RD bikes

our bikes were 354-355 - only ti was the exhaust

guess we must of had some magic since we dont have money or good looks

Dude, I wanted the gas cartridges, but honestly, this engine build and build of this bike is really killing the budget and I have a set amount. That little difference is minimal, but I am strapped. Unless anyone wants to donate to my retirement race program! :D

Dude, I wanted the gas cartridges, but honestly, this engine build and build of this bike is really killing the budget and I have a set amount. That little difference is minimal, but I am strapped. Unless anyone wants to donate to my retirement race program! :D

I would donate but I'd want to take a few laps on the bike in return.

Not too much to ask is it?!?!

:D

I am just curious as to why all the secrecy. Brian has qualiied for the privilege to know who you are while the rest of us are talked at? I get that he and maybe a guy or two more around here have some AMA lineage but this isn't a caste system, it's our forum. We're glad to have ya, but come clean man. Do you have pics of Josh Hayes naked at a petting zoo and this is your form of the witness protection program by hiding in plain sight in a public forum? Trust me. I get the concept of knowing where you came from when it comes to actually being at the track and talking it up. I'm a guy still waiting on his set of novice number plates. Desmo B has been a source a knowledge here for a long time, helping us club guys with knowledge and info. He's more than once reached out to me personally to see how he can help as I get my shit off the ground, knowing full well there is no way I could reciprocate in kind. All this despite the fact his unsolicited opinion has come off a time or two with him sounding like a dickhead. Fine. He's a dickhead. So aim I. But he's our dickhead, and we know who he is and where to find him. He's one of us. With Nathan, he and RD have been a huge help, as they have offered help and pricing that has afforded a lot of us to get things going on a budget. Do I get all my shit form him? No, and he knows that. That goes with a lot of other folks too; Hoblick, the gang at Jazz, even Ruben.

In Nathan's thread I apparently attempted to explain something to someone that probably already knows better, or at the very least should have. I could have saved us both time and effort had I know I was typing to Larry Pegram's crew chief, or Al Ludington, or whomever. All I am saying is it kind of rubs us rank-and-file guys wrong that anyone would show up and deem anyone else here unworthy of knowing who you are. Don't worry. We're not looking for handouts, or showing up at the track looking for hospitality rides on the team pit bike. We just wanna talk bikes, talk shit, learn a thing or two, and enjoy the ride before we're all drooling piles of pink wrinkles covered in loose grey hair. (Much like madcat's vagina.) We're glad to have anyone that is cool with that, and have a couple beers to boot. I'll buy the first round. But, if you wanna (or have to be) Secret Squirrel, it's a free world and free internet. Just know that we'll continue to think that those smoking lap times you claim at Mid OH don't include any part of the track past T12. :D

Cheers! And I am Steve, BTW.

All this despite the fact his unsolicited opinion has come off a time or two with him sounding like a dickhead. Fine. He's a dickhead. So am I. But he's our dickhead, and we know who he is and where to find him. He's one of us.

Haha, I fucking love this! (no offense, Brian) :D