School shooting in Connecticut

Scruit

This doesn't happen in Amish communities...
I remember that, and if I recall correctly, the shooter wasn't Amish... he just happened to commit his crime in an Amish school. If he shooter was Amish, then I'd agree with you.

You recalled correctly,he was a local milk truck driver per the report. I thought you meant it does not happen in Amish communities.

Yea. I should've been more explicitly clear.

"Amish people don't do isht like this."

Not watching the news, reading the papers, watching TV...etc, keeps them ignorant and all out dedicated to maintain their quiet way of life. They only like the money from the English, other than that we are all evil and lost sinners.

Both the cartels and the government are standard parts of Mexican life.

Both have delivered massive massacres.

Individuals, yeah, those too:

Flores, Oscar, 23 July 31 2005 - 11 dead 2 injured

García Antonio, German, May 2 1985 - 8 dead 1 injured

Valle, Essrado, 27 Feb. 20 1925 - 6 dead

Nieto Avila, Jose Luis, 56 May 6 2002 - massacre by vehicle - 2 dead 22 injured

Alvarez, Antonio, Dec. 1 1923 - familicide - 9 dead

Loweree, Elfren, March 15 1926 - familicide - 7 dead

Ramirez Camacho, José Rosario, June 1962 - familicide - 7 dead

Becerra, Bernardino, 34, March 1938 - familicide - 6 dead

And don't forget the Nickel Mines, PA Amish massacre. He wasn't Amish, but they were.

edit: adding Mexico ordinary murder rate: 25,757 last year, a rate 4 times higher than the US.

Edited by ReconRat

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/15/15935397-mom-of-suspected-school-shooter-first-to-die-was-avid-gun-enthusiast-friend-says?lite

"NEWTOWN, Conn. -- The mother of the suspected Sandy Hook Elementary School gunman, herself slain at the outset of the murderous rampage, was an avid gun enthusiast who liked to take her sons to the shooting range to practice their marksmanship, a friend tells NBC News.

Dan Holmes, a local landscaper and a friend of Nancy Lanza, mother of 20-year-old suspected gunman Adam Lanza, said she also was a collector.

“She had a pretty extensive gun collection,” Holmes said. “She was a collector, she was pretty proud of that. She always mentioned that she really loved the act of shooting.”

Holmes recalled that she said she was able to “focus in” while shooting.Federal officials tell NBC News that Adam Lanza took three weapons with him to the school – two pistols, a Glock and a Sig Sauer, and a Bushmaster .223-caliber semi-automatic assault-style rifle – all of which were registered to Nancy Lanza.

It is unclear whether all the guns were used in the attack. At a news briefing on Saturday, Chief Medical Examiner Dr. H. Wayne Carver II, who led the team that autopsied the victims, said, “All the (injuries) … I know of were caused by the rifle.

The Associated Press reported that authorities investigating the school shooting later recovered additional weapons -- a Henry repeating rifle, an Enfield rifle and a shotgun. It was not clear where those weapons were found.

Holmes, Nancy Lanza’s friend, said the 47-year-old single mother also frequently talked about how she was worried about Adam.

Holmes, Nancy Lanza’s friend, said the 47-year-old single mother also frequently talked about how she was worried about Adam.

Seems she should have acted on those worries and not given the nut case access to guns. :nono:

Seems she should have acted on those worries and not given the nut case access to guns. :nono:

This should be the focus of the media. If he did indeed try to buy a gun earlier in the week and was denied, the system worked. She is the one that failed.

There is nothing, -NOTHING- on God's green earth to justify this massacre. Words just cannot come close to relating how I feel, but I would give anything to have had 5 minutes alone with this pos... 5 minutes.

How very internet tough guy of you.

• Upvote 1

Not watching the news, reading the papers, watching TV...etc, keeps them ignorant and all out dedicated to maintain their quiet way of life. They only like the money from the English, other than that we are all evil and lost sinners.

90% of my customers are Amish. They do not believe we are evil. Me and my wife have been invited on numerous occasions to dinner with them in their home. Great food btw!

I think that Morgan Freeman has a very good quote out there

Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed

people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the k!ller's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the k!ller's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

Thoughts?

As a society we reward people with attention based on shock value. Look at reality tv! The more outlandish the characters act the more of a star they become. With this way of thinking it's no wonder we keep seeing more and more heinous crimes done by attention starved nut jobs. Until we stop rewarding people for this behavior its not going to stop or get better.

Sounds like me and Morgan Freeman agree.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed

people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the k!ller's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the k!ller's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

Thoughts?

Damn, Morgan Freeman said that? I agree 100%.

Meet the press right now Dianne Feinstein said she will introduce an AWB into the senate.

I guess I'll have to paint my black guns some other color to avoid being a criminal...... :wtf:

Everyone wants to point the finger at something. Most ideas would do nothing to prevent it from happening. Tighter gun control.... wont work. Mom should have been more careful.... maybe thats why she got killed first, this kid planned this.

What really pisses me off is the left wing democrats who made it all so easy. They insist we house the kids in a school where its illegal to defend them. Then they insist we put up big bright signs telling all the crazy people they can carry out their evil deeds inside the building with no opposition. They may as well put a neon sign on the roof that says; "Unprotected children inside, do as you please" Criminal protection zones or gun free zones need to be banned.

If the Port Arthur Massacre is any indication where the US is heading... though I doubt we have the same amount of public support (85% per the articles I've read) on gun control.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_%28Australia%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Australia

Thoughts?

I turned the TV on this morning and Stephanopoulos is reading Facebook posts lambasting the media for talking about this all the time, basically agreeing with Morgan Freeman, then they proceeded to talk about it more for the next 20 minutes... :nono:

Meet the press right now Dianne Feinstein said she will introduce an AWB into the senate.

She has been Praying to Allah for something like this to happen.

The 95% of the discussion was gun control.

5% the mental health issue.

To me the numbers should be reversed.

Edited by jagr

I turned the TV on this morning and Stephanopoulos is reading Facebook posts lambasting the media for talking about this all the time, basically agreeing with Morgan Freeman, then they proceeded to talk about it more for the next 20 minutes... :nono:

^agreed.

I never watch the news because they blow it out of the water and keep people living in fear. when was the last time they ranted and raved about a person doing something good. oh wait...never. maybe 2 minutes tops.

Back to topic, it is a tragity, but going around in circles and repeating the same thing over and over isn't going to change what happen. But out of all this, It shows there are good people out there like victoria. I don't know how many people could think on the fly and do what she did.

She has been Praying to Allah for something like this to happen.

The 95% of the discussion was gun control.

5% the mental health issue.

To me the numbers should be reversed.

Yup. And I don't want the media to make a event out of it. Reporting is fine but sensationalism only encourages more of these types of acts. One of the talking mouths on today's program mentioned she was going to ask her governor to veto the bill in her state to allow concealed carry in schools. Her idea was to provide more guidance counselors in schools. Really?