I think my Glock needs the sights adjusted

JStump

Went to the range with The Azn and these were my results with my G26 and XD45. The top right is the only one I shot with the G26 since I was letting Tim try it, but I damn near missed the black part entirely! The bottom left was with the XD45 from the same distance and I was thoroughly impressed! My first time shooting it and it was pretty much entirely in the center the entire time and had a lot less kick than I thought a .45 would. I would say the top right and bottom left were about 20', the bottom right was about 30', and the top left was me seeing how far I could push the target out before my accuracy went down so from 20' to probably 40' or so.

It would make sense that the 45 would be more accurate with the longer barrel for both my eye and the bullet to aim down, but the Glock does need sighted. And since I am going to get it sighted I might as well get some nicer and easier to use sights. What would be a good set to go with?

D9EE317B-37CC-47E5-8919-29107EFE97C3-4038-000001858E7BCFB2.jpg

And this was just because I hit the bullseye on the first try with the XD and was shocked since it was my first time shooting it. That pretty much made me stop debating about trading it in haha!

836275F3-FF18-4BB1-B154-EA01A5602DEE-4038-00000185A5AA343E.jpg

Edited by JStump

On the glock trigger do you pull the trigger with the middle of the pad on your fingertip.

If not what is the placement? Does it differ from the XD?

2nd guess. The glock has a wonky grip angle for some and needs a bit of practice to present proper sight alignment.

I have somewhat long fingers so on the Glock I use right between the first and second digit, on the XD I use the middle of the second digit.

Where do you line up the sight on a Glock? I put the front dot right down in the middle of the back sight so its flush with the top of the box, I have always been taught to shoot like that, but raising it up so the dot is half in the box, half out helps. I always revert back to the first way though just out of habit and screw myself up.