Need a couple day getaway idea

Bad324

Coshocton.

I actually tried to talk her in to this and I was gonna call Brian & Carrie to see what they were up to. She quickly realized what my alterior motives were and nixed that :lol:

Cincinnati......

She didn't even let me get out anymore than saying Cin... before an emphatic no came out. Apparently, she isn't fond of the activities my friends and I usually partake in which is mainly binge drinking and making fun of each other while takin in a sporting event

and as its looking, shes liking this Oglebay place down in WV

I took my leadership staff there for two nights that second week of December. Beautiful! Deer all over.... Rolling hills.... High end restaurant as well as a sports bar all contained. Upgrade to the nicer rooms. Should be about $200/night, but they have fireplaces and nice amenities. Bar is open late too.

It's also about 10 minutes from the big Cabelas.

Edited by C-bus

I actually tried to talk her in to this and I was gonna call Brian & Carrie to see what they were up to. She quickly realized what my alterior motives were and nixed that :lol:

She didn't even let me get out anymore than saying Cin... before an emphatic no came out. Apparently, she isn't fond of the activities my friends and I usually partake in which is mainly binge drinking and making fun of each other while takin in a sporting event

There are some nice cabins to lay around in and...

French Lick, IN might be a decent option.

Chicago is fine but it is a shitty town in the winter. You can't walk around and need a cab everywhere. But, it can be done and there are some good restaurants that won't set you back a weeks wages. Bu I would not say inexpensive when a bottle of bud can run you $5-$7 at most bars. Sheraton downtown might have some good deals on rooms after New Years.

I haven't gone yet but the WV ski resorts are on my list of places for a get-away.

Well while I was playing Halo she booked some joint in the Finger Lakes

Finger Lakes are ok. I lived in Rochester, NY for almost 3 years and went around most of them. Rode Watkins Glenn and that is one fun race track but sadly, no bikes and wrong time of the year.

Which one are you going to? If you are closer to Ithaca, life will be good. The others can be lacking in amenities.

Edited by Revelstoker

http://www.thelodgeatgeneva.com/PackagesEvents.aspx. Not too bad of a place that is not a shit ton of miles away for a couple days. Just not much to do in the area this time of year. Unless your a wino. Some really nice ones in the area. http://www.wineryadventures.com/Northeast%20Ohio%20Wineries.htm

Finger Lakes are ok. I lived in Rochester, NY for almost 3 years and went around most of them. Road Watkins Glenn and that is one fun race track but sadly, no bikes and wrong time of the year.

Which one are you going to? If you are closer to Ithaca, life will be good. The others can be lacking in amenities.

Canandigua I think is where it is. I'm not really sure, once she picked this and booked it I let her take the lead on finding stuff to do and what not. I'm just in charge of driving at this point

Canandigua I think is where it is. I'm not really sure, once she picked this and booked it I let her take the lead on finding stuff to do and what not. I'm just in charge of driving at this point

Yikes, I was hoping you wouldn't say that one. Town of Canadaigua isn't much to speak of and the rest of the lake is pretty rural. Not much in the way of activities or amenities. Wineries are probably closed or may have weekend hours. They are not that great when compared to Cali wine tours. Manichevitz is made in Naples at the bottom of the lake. Yippy, wine by the gallon. Rochester is not far away and it will be the best source of activities.

Stop in Buffalo at the Anchor Bar for the birthplace of hot wings. Take passports and do Niagara Falls while you are there. Dinosaur BBQ in Rocha-cha-cha is worth a stop along with the Eastman House. Pontillo's Pizza in Bushnell's Basin is close and an old favorite for carry-out. Richardsons's Canal House is a nicer place to eat.

If you have passports and are going that far, I would recommend canceling Canandaigua and going to Niagara on the Lake as a place to stay. Note, most of these places are summer retreats. Cayuga Lake is a bit better as you have Ithaca and the college.

Palmyra is the birth place of Mormonism and you can visit J. Smith's house and walk up Hill Cumorah.

http://www.bristolmountain.com is close by for skiing.

Yikes, I was hoping you wouldn't say that one. Town of Canadaigua isn't much to speak of and the rest of the lake is pretty rural. Not much in the way of activities or amenities. Wineries are probably closed or may have weekend hours. They are not that great when compared to Cali wine tours. Manichevitz is made in Naples at the bottom of the lake. Yippy, wine by the gallon. Rochester is not far away and it will be the best source of activities.

Stop in Buffalo at the Anchor Bar for the birthplace of hot wings. Take passports and do Niagara Falls while you are there. Dinosaur BBQ in Rocha-cha-cha is worth a stop along with the Eastman House. Pontillo's Pizza in Bushnell's Basin is close and an old favorite for carry-out. Richardsons's Canal House is a nicer place to eat.

If you have passports and are going that far, I would recommend canceling Canandaigua and going to Niagara on the Lake as a place to stay. Note, most of these places are summer retreats. Cayuga Lake is a bit better as you have Ithaca and the college.

Palmyra is the birth place of Mormonism and you can visit J. Smith's house and walk up Hill Cumorah.

http://www.bristolmountain.com is close by for skiing.

I wish we had out passports because we would've just gone straight for Niagra! Oh I love me some Dinosaur BBQ sauces as well as some wings so I might have to stop by both places if we can. Will definitely look into those as well. I guess the resort has some snow activites and such she was looking forward to so for 2 nights I think we can find enough to do hopefully. Defnitely gonna keep these suggestions in mind. I know it was hard for her to pass up this one because it was a smoking deal

I wish we had out passports because we would've just gone straight for Niagra! Oh I love me some Dinosaur BBQ sauces as well as some wings so I might have to stop by both places if we can. Will definitely look into those as well. I guess the resort has some snow activites and such she was looking forward to so for 2 nights I think we can find enough to do hopefully. Defnitely gonna keep these suggestions in mind. I know it was hard for her to pass up this one because it was a smoking deal

Enjoy. You can still do the falls from the American side but it isn't as dramatic of a view.