Looking at new cars need thoughts.

oldschoolsdime92

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My father in law has a Honda Ridgeline he uses to tow around his trailer for his lawn care service. It's held up very well - he's used it as such for three years now. It's pretty spacious inside, even for four people. And it's decent on gas. It'd be a good choice.

The Outback wouldn't be a bad choice either. I just don't know how well a midsize SUV would hold up to towing, regardless of the ratings.

A last thought - you can still get a Nissan Xterra as a six-speed with the 4.0l engine and a true ladder frame chassis. It would likely be the best choice if you plan on towing often, but your fuel economy would suffer.

BTW' date=' I recently discovered Nissan offers their Frontier (Navara) with a 3.0 V6 turbo diesel in other parts of the world. 405 lb/ft of torque. Why can't we get any of the cool shit in the states?[/quote']

When I left Nissan 2 years ago, there was pretty serious talk about bringing the diesel engine to the US for the trucks ... and for the Maxima!

IP - when I was in Nicaragua last year, they had the Navarra and a Toyota Hilux 4-cyl turbo diesels everywhere. I wanted one so badly!

When I was in Costa Rica (almost 10 years ago), Toyota and Nissan had about a 95% market share. They had more FJ40 Landcruisers there that I saw in real life than I've seen pictures of on the internet. I wish I could have imported one, but the Costa Rican automobile tax is 150% so it would have cost a fortune.

When I was in Costa Rica (almost 10 years ago), Toyota and Nissan had about a 95% market share. They had more FJ40 Landcruisers there that I saw in real life than I've seen pictures of on the internet. I wish I could have imported one, but the Costa Rican automobile tax is 150% so it would have cost a fortune.

I didn't see a single american-made vehicle in Nicaragua or Costa Rica. Not that they're huge markets, but still, it was odd. And I'd agree, both those countries only had Nissan and Toyotas.

New Mazda 6 is coming and later this year will offer a Turbo Diesel with 6 speed manual. I hope it is successful and helps open the flood gate to good diesel options for us folks living in the USA.

My 2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L with 6 speed manual tows 1500 lbs just fine.

Biggie

• 2 weeks later...