Need sum puter nerd help??(windows)

2talltim

On my sons windows XP desktop the cursor wont stay on task, if you click a typing box it goes away after a couple seconds on it own. Or if you try to use drop/windows menu it goes away after a second or two. Does it in all programs and all applications. It only does it on "limited accounts", but if you are logged into a "administrator account" at the same time it does not do it, ONLY IF the "limited account" is logged in by itself it does. I tried a different mouse and key board and i tried to delete his accout and create a new one and nothing helped. And he tells me after a hour or more it eventually will quit doing it.:wtf:

So right now to make it work for him i have to login to the admin account, hit switch users and login to his account. in other words both accounts have to loged in.

p.s...when i switched his account to a admin acct, it did not do it. but that isnt a perminate option.

p.s...when i switched his account to a admin acct, it did not do it. but that isnt a perminate option.

Hmmm, that's weird. Sounds like making his acct full access might be the only way to fix it unless you feel like reinstalling windows, yuck.

Edited by SWing'R

Follow this and see what you come up with;

Click the Start button> click Control Panel> click Hardware> and then click Mouse. Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do the following: Uncheck the Hide pointer while typing box.

If that doesn't help I would do some very heavy malware and anti-virus scans to be sure you don't have some garbage running in the background that is interfering with the cursor.

Follow this and see what you come up with;

Click the Start button> click Control Panel> click Hardware> and then click Mouse. Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do the following: Uncheck the Hide pointer while typing box.

If that doesn't help I would do some very heavy malware and anti-virus scans to be sure you don't have some garbage running in the background that is interfering with the cursor.

Just tried that with no results, i already ran all my regualr, anti and reg scans with nothing to show too.

If its a virus yes, I removed a virus Friday from an employees computer and was able to do whatever I wanted in Admin but as soon as I logged in as her 10 windows popped up with a "Win 7 Security" virus.

I only ran a quick scan, ill run a complete scan maybe tomorrow, i'm tired of screwing with it tonight.

If this just started today, you can try rolling back to a previous Restore point for a know good time, like a week ago, ( assuming you have automatic restore point enabled)

He said its been doing it for awhile but yes i do and i can try that, only reason i found it is because Microsoft said the family filter on his computer needed updated. Hes only 10 so he didnt know to tell me