cost of renting out a kart track?

redkow97

anyone ever done this?

A buddy of mine is looking into renting out Fremont Raceway Park in the spring to goon around on XR's.

It's around Sandusky (Northwest of Cleveland) for those who have never heard of it.

http://youtu.be/wok8igM3wwQ

With only a 1/4 mile course, you're looking at 30 second laps. But I don't consider that a deal breaker. It's like 80 miles from me, so solid half hour closer than Circleville. BeaveRun (I still can't call it PIRC) is only 95 miles away, but the PA turnpike tolls are expensive, and I'm a stubborn asshole about driving it any more often than absolutely necessary...

That shit reminds me of Germany... They are crazy about their carts! If you find on that does aprox 40+ mph post it. I'd love to relive those days..... (In Germany they served beer in-between sessions.... = TONS OF FUN!!).

OMRL says that PIRC is expensive to rent out.

you may want to see if Freemont will even allow bikes on the track, the one in indy doesnt at the moment iirc

He asked on their facebook page, and whoever runs that said it was an option and to call them for booking.

I'm just looking to figure out if we're talking a few hundred bucks, or a couple grand.

Like anything else, if enough people are interested (and have cash in hand) I'm sure they would take our money...

It's just a matter of whether it's $15 for 5-dusk, or $35 for 5-dusk (or $100 to have the track pretty much to yourself...)

Why rent? Just call CRP and do a mid week event there and collect guys to join in. Sure, you may have to share with a few karts, but at the end of the day, you'll never ride solid 9-dusk on a small bike. Your ass will give up before noon from 3 hours of solid seat time... $15 and as many laps as you want at CRP...

Why rent? Just call CRP and do a mid week event there and collect guys to join in. Sure, you may have to share with a few karts, but at the end of the day, you'll never ride solid 9-dusk on a small bike. Your ass will give up before noon from 3 hours of solid seat time... $15 and as many laps as you want at CRP...

This

I have a couple if karts I can sell you.... Then you can join a league and race every weekend if you want. It will probably not be with your friends but you will be on much better machinery and you will be racing against much more experienced drivers.... But all the while making your friends jealous and if your good you can convince your friends to join in as well.

I have a couple if karts I can sell you.... Then you can join a league and race every weekend if you want. It will probably not be with your friends but you will be on much better machinery and you will be racing against much more experienced drivers.... But all the while making your friends jealous and if your good you can convince your friends to join in as well.

Shoot me some info man. I'd possibly be interested depending on the kart and price...

CRP is further from my house, so there is less of a chance that I could make it down on a weeknight.

$15 is sweet though.

CRP is further from my house, so there is less of a chance that I could make it down on a weeknight.

$15 is sweet though.

You are talking a total of 2 hours more round trip vs renting which will be in the range of $1500-$2000 I would think. For 2 extra hours driving, for $15 until your arms fall off, it makes better sense. And, the track is better...

Point is that you have mentioned budget to no end on this venture and yet you are willing to rent a kart track for an entire day that you'll never run for that period of time or get up early and drive an extra hour to get to a better track to only pay $15 for the entire day.

The 2 hour round trip difference in fuel is going to be easily offset by the $15 charge.

Even if the track rental is $500. You'd need 33 guys to get that $15 amount covered out of pocket...33 guys at that size track will net you the same amount of track time if you shared every 20 minutes rotation with karts. Probably less actually as 33 guys cannot run that together... And again - you'll never ride enough to warrant the dollar amount.

I'm not busting balls - just trying to help you out, but these things are no different than guys that say it is worth spending the extra money to travel to tracks down south. The amount of expense involved typically pulls so much cash flow that it kills racers and track day guys' budgets within a handful of years. Being smarter on how you spend money is important. Think about what the savings can buy you. Tires, upgrades, fuel, food, etc. You'll never offset the 2 hours over the cost of rental even if minimal vs the $15 charge for a better track that will help you develop riding skills moreso than at Fremont.

^ totally agree, Brian.

That's why I was wondering if it would be $1000 or $100.

My friend is looking into renting the track by the hour. That migt make costs more reasonable, but $500/33 people puts things in perspective for sure.