GA intruder stopped, almost

dustinsn3485

http://www.examiner.com/article/loganville-ga-mom-shoots-intruder-five-times-saves-her-two-children

...Paul Slater was taken to an area hospital with punctured lungs, a punctured liver, and a punctured stomach. Slater has reportedly been arrested six times since 2008.

5 shots to the head and neck? Good shootin' Tex.

Too much gun often gets left behind for convenience reason. A 38 in the hand is better than a 357 magnum in the safe.

No doubt! I keep a .380 and a .22 on the table next to the couch within quick reach. My .40 stays in the bedroom next to the bed and is my edc.

Sent via mobile

The story I read said nothing of head shots. I mentioned four exit wounds and trauma to the liver' date=' stomach and lungs.[/quote']

Paragraph 7

The woman fired six bullets, five of which hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area, Chapman said. But Slater, who has arrests dating to 2008 and was released from jail in August, was still conscious.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/06/georgia-mom-home-alone-with-kids-shoots-ex-con-intruder/#ixzz2HDru5ee0

Yeah.. I was referring to another news article that I read. It mentioned nothing of face/head shots.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-hiding-kids-shoots-intruder/nTm7s/

They must have changed that story too. Paragraph 8

Deputies arrested 32-year-old Atlanta resident Paul Slater in connection with the crime. Chapman said they found him on the ground saying' date=' "Help me. I'm close to dying." Slater was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center for treatment. Chapman said Slater was shot in the face and neck.

[/quote']

I know a lot of people say 'shoot to kill', but if I defend myself, I intend to do just that - stop the crime from happening. I would be thrilled if I were her and knew that I didn't just take a life, but managed to keep my family safe. The problem with that is that when this dude gets out of prison for burglary charges, is he gonna be pissed enough to make a return.

What would be worse is if this low life decides to sue and wins!!

She's good under Georgia law:

http://law.onecle.com/georgia/16/16-3-23.html

Deadly Force

There are 3 code sections that govern when lethal or deadly force may lawfully be used.

Defense from a forcible felony; A person is justified in using threats or force to the degree they reasonably believe it is necessary to stop another person's imminent use of unlawful force. A person is justified in using deadly force which may harm or kill only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or herself or a third person or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony (unless it is regarding defense of habitation, which has it's own requirements below). You are not justified if you were the aggressor or you are/were/on-the-way-to committing a felony. (The state has pre-empted local cities and counties from further restricting this defense.)(16-3-21)

Defense of habitation; (here habitation means dwelling, motor vehicle, or place of business) A person is justified in the use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if:

1. A person is breaking\has broken into your home in a violent and tumultuous manner, and you think that the intruder is going to assault you or someone else living there.

2. A person who is not a member of the family or household and who unlawfully and forcibly enters the residence and you know it is an unlawful entry.

3. The person using such force reasonably believes that the entry is made or attempted for the purpose of committing a felony therein and that such force is necessary to prevent the commission of the felony.

(16-3-23)

Defense of property other than habitation; Lethal force cannot be used to protect real property unless the person using such force reasonably believes that it is necessary to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.(16-3-24)

(Stand Your Ground/Shoot First/License To Murder - went into effect July 1st, 2006) If you have determined you need to use lethal force (as stated in one of the underlined "Defense" sections immediately above) you do not have to try to retreat before using that force. If your defense is valid, you are immune from criminal prosecution (unless it is illegal to carry that weapon where you used it) and civil liability actions.(16-3-23.1, 16-3-24.2, 51-11-9)

What 5 head shots and he lived? .38 is not that small of a round.

It happens...

http://metro.co.uk/2006/11/13/woman-survives-bullets-to-head-337039/

21-year-old Patricia Goncalves Pereira was only slightly hurt when her ex-husband shot her six times in the head after a row when she refused to get back together with him.

:confused:Knowing you can't kill someone with 5 shots?

If it kills you or doesn't kill you. Odd though at that close it didn't kill. Maybe .380 or a bunch of flesh wounds

Probably wishing he had died. Ya, its a miracle!

Some people take tons of shots and survive - some people take one .22 to the walnut and croak on the spot. It's all about where the bullets hit.

Wonder why she aimed at his head and not center mass...