Bank of America freezes American Spirit Arms' bank account?

Casper

Hate to rain on the hate parade but guns have nothing to do with this. If you sold cuddly little Teddy Bears to kids and your transactions went from $5,000 a week to $250,000 a week overnight BOA would freeze your money and investigate for fraud also.

Hate to rain on the hate parade but guns have nothing to do with this. If you sold cuddly little Teddy Bears to kids and your transactions went from $5,000 a week to $250,000 a week overnight BOA would freeze your money and investigate for fraud also.

How long would they freeze it? Also they told the guy they don't think he should be selling guns.

How long would they freeze it? Also they told the guy they don't think he should be selling guns.

A few days to a week. They want to see if anyone disputes the charges. The will even contact the buyer for verification.

HE says they told him he shouldn't be selling guns on the internets. I don't buy that.

The freeze was automatic by a computer. You may have had it happen to you.....you travel and buy some stuff on a credit card that strikes the computer as odd and they call you and ask for verification. Had it happen to me this fall on a bike trip.

The same computer looks at the other end....odd receipts by a vendor.

Nothing to see here, move along. imho. :)

That may be, but I'm wiling to bet that any bank is going to do some investigation on a increase of that size. It just so happened that BoA added insult to injury with the "gun" thing. Also, BoA is a private enterprise, they can choose to do business with whoever they want. That cuts both ways however, and as a private individual I choose to tell them and the other large banks to get fucked, but not for the reasons in the OP.

HE says they told him he shouldn't be selling guns on the internets. I don't buy that.

Please make a tax-deductible gift to CNSNews.com today.

That's all I need to know about the veracity of the reporting. Inflate (or possibly fabricate) news to generate revenue much?

That's all I need to know about the veracity of the reporting. Inflate (or possibly fabricate) news to generate revenue much?

yea, CNSNews.com is not exactly the first person I would think to call to get my story out if it was true. I'm guessing TMZ and the National Enquirer turned him down and this was his last resort.

I understand the investigation into it but he has called them to straighten it out. This started awhile ago and they've released 1/3 of what's been deposited. They've obviously looked into it and see he is doing legitimate business so why continue the holds? The whole nation realizes there is a fun buying frenzy going on.

I understand the investigation into it but he has called them to straighten it out. This started awhile ago and they've released 1/3 of what's been deposited. They've obviously looked into it and see he is doing legitimate business so why continue the holds? The whole nation realizes there is a fun buying frenzy going on.

He now says he has 'most' of his money back.

They've obviously looked into it and see he is doing legitimate business so why continue the holds?

Once again, it looks like you haven't been paying attention to large bank behavior over the last couple years. Holding money like this even though the origins and intent is well documented and provable is pretty much par for the course with banks nowadays, it seems the larger the bank the more prevalent the policy.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?p=951091#post951091

This here seems like the bank is violating the second amendment rights. Unless when you agree to bank with them they say that they can choose how you use your money.

You're quoting yourself in support of your own argument?

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?p=951091#post951091

This here seems like the bank is violating the second amendment rights. Unless when you agree to bank with them they say that they can choose how you use your money.

The constitution only limits the actions of the government, not private people/companies.

The constitution only limits the actions of the government, not private people/companies.

Violation was the wrong term i guess an infringement or impediment. Yes they are not limited by the constitution but if this situation is true than they are getting in the way of other peoples rights that they have.