First ride of the year :)

Exarch

So I went for a nice little chilly ride today. I went out to find a ginger bread man (Motorcycle challenge) and had no luck, which was fine by me because I just drove around aimlessly for 1.5 hours till my hands couldn't bare the cold anymore. That's really about it, I got alot of crazy looks though :dunno:

Once I got back from my ride I decided to do some work to it. I made an attempt to change out my kickstand, which was full of fail. My rear stand is too small for the bike, I couldn't get the screw off the kickstand and me and my dad just froze our ass off for about an hour before we gave up. After that we decided to hook up the battery tender, that went nice and smooth and it's set up so we don't have to mess with it ever again.

Here are a few pics from where my dad got sideswiped by a car, it's dark outside so they arnt the greatest quality.

20130108_175519.jpg

New mirror

20130108_175453.jpg

scratched up sliders, alternater cover, shifter and swingarm.

20130108_175438.jpg

Scratched up rear fairing.

The bike never went down, that's just the damage from where the bike and the car hit and I think the mirror hit the shifter judging by where the scratch is.

My next thing to do is replace the front tire(no tread in some spots, rest is warn dowm pretty good) and while I'm at it I will have them do my kickstand and put some fresh fluids in it. Not sure where I'm gunna take it yet, but performance cycles is on the top of my list (next to Goodyear on woodman Dr)

Take it to Hoblick this weekend, weather looks favorable for riding that far

I'll try to get out there this weekend if I can swing it, I got a motorcycle meeting at marions Saturday 1pm by the Dayton mall(feel free to drop by). My dads a member so he wants me to join. They are mainly cruisers, but they take in sports bike riders. The guy that runs it has been riding for 54 years and seems like a pretty level headed guy from the short time I talked to him. Also the best thing about the club is that there is a zero tolerance alcohol rule, otherwise I would of passed on joining.

I may also be going out of town (Connecticut) this week, but that's still up in the air, but if not I'll be doing what I mentioned above.

So that minimal damage is what you were complaining about? Seriously?

Ya, I was made about it, my bike was near mint and I hadn't even rode it more than maybe 15 miles. There was a tiny almost unnoticeable scarch at the base of the front right fairing and that was it. So ya I was mad and irrational.

Dude if I were you, which I am not, I would probably sell that bike ASAP and thank God that you are still alive. I don't know how I missed the other post where you just bashed your dad and flipped out about him wrecking(which it wasn't) HIS bike, but anyways; you obviously have 0 clue how to ride, when to ride, I could go on, but I won't.

So as it was stated in the other thread I(along with probably 99% of the forum and all human civilization) am recommending selling the bike, cutting your losses, and thanking all of us for keeping you alive. You may even want to thank Buddah, Ghandi, Jesus, or anyone you feel is helping you live as long as you have.

Normally I don't attack people, nor do I post like this, but you sir are 1 in 1,000,000. Congrats.

• Upvote 2

@ madcat, your points are invalid. Jusy cuz u don't like me has nothing to do withme knowing how to or how not to ride a bike. Oh wow exarch crashed on his very first time out of the neighborhood... If that was bad what do you have to say about people who crashed who had more experience than just riding around the neighborhood before the crash? get over my 1 first time out crash homie, but if ur saying its dumb to ride in the snow/ice aswell, well I did it with no problems at all.