Biden: "Obama can use executive orders for gun control"

Scruit

I'm going to introduce a new bill myself. Given how unutterably ugly Feinstain is, Her countenance is an assault on mine eyes of the most despicable kind. I'm going to call it the Assault Face Ban, 2013. Anyone who looks like her will be required to NFA register their faces, and store them in a surgical mask.

Childish? Sure. :D

That there's funnneeeeeee! :lol:

Right along with Madeleine Albright and Janet Reno.

Let's assume Barry implements some meaningful gun control measures via Executive Order, bypassing the legislative process.

I predict that would cause civil unrest in many areas across the country. There would be many protests and the Nat'l Guard would become involved.

Let's assume Barry implements some meaningful gun control measures via Executive Order, bypassing the legislative process.

I predict that would cause civil unrest in many areas across the country. There would be many protests and the Nat'l Guard would become involved.

They don't realize it, but I don't think all the National Guard members would comply. The very people they count on to uphold any absurd executive order, are categorically freedom loving, pro gun types.

They don't realize it, but I don't think all the National Guard members would comply. The very people they count on to uphold any absurd executive order, are categorically freedom loving, pro gun types.

When I say Nat'l Guard involved. I don't mean anything like shooting. I mean dispatched to control protests that could protentially get heated. There are many parts of the country that are way more gun oriented than Ohio.

Many people are already very unhappy with the Federal Gov't, this could be the straw...

I can tell you that the population of the National Guard units that I interact with (been in for almost 12 years now) makes an NRA convention look like a Green Peace rally. The Fed would be hard pressed to call any of us to suppress any kind of pro-gun rights demonstration.

When I say Nat'l Guard involved. I don't mean anything like shooting. I mean dispatched to control protests that could protentially get heated. There are many parts of the country that are way more gun oriented than Ohio.

Many people are already very unhappy with the Federal Gov't, this could be the straw...

Agreed. But I think many members would shy away from this kind of confrontation. It could be Kent State all over again, but this time it wouldn't just be National Guard vs. A ton of unarmed hippies.

Seriously, I think you'd find more than a few Guardsmen on the other side of the line.

That said, I don't think the sort of "Occupy" demonstrations from gun owners are very likely. We're not your typical protest types.

I am former USMC, I understand the Guard sentiment to a degree.

If Barry EO'd a requirement that all gun owners register their firearms or you are now in criminal violation of federal law (has actually been discussed) I think many people would make their 'lack of support' known.

...a lot of if's for sure...

Doubt it's ever going to come to that, Obama can't change existing law or create law. Neither Congress nor the Supreme Court are likely to stand by and let that happen. Even if they tend to agree with him, the separation of power argument alone would compel them to act.

Besides, if he did are you going to start shooting people? Who are you going to shoot? Most gun owners will not start acting like a mob...even if it was warranted. In fact, I'd say 99% of gun owners will fume and never leave their house...even if he passed a sweeping gun ban, which will most certainly not be drastic enough to cause civil unrest.

Doubt it's ever going to come to that, Obama can't change existing law or create law. Neither Congress nor the Supreme Court are likely to stand by and let that happen. Even if they tend to agree with him, the separation of power argument alone would compel them to act.

Besides, if he did are you going to start shooting people? Who are you going to shoot? Most gun owners will not start acting like a mob...even if it was warranted. In fact, I'd say 99% of gun owners will fume and never leave their house...even if he passed a sweeping gun ban, which will most certainly not be drastic enough to cause civil unrest.

Shooting? No. Read the rest.

There is more going on than just Obama and Biden's attempt at gun control. Legislation is being pushed, Bloomburg is raising a stink, Cuomo is too. The EC is on America's ass over our role in arming the world. Even some who are pro gun are talking reform of some sort. This, like the recent Health Care bs, might just stick this time.

The three things I'd heard they were considering EOs for were:

- Require that the crime databases that were supposed to feed NICS actually get hooked up

- Require that the thousands of people who falsified 4473 forms for NICS checks actually get prosecuted - so far only a few dozen prosecutions have gone ahead.

- Make illegal gun trafficking a felony

I'm actually ok with these, if they come to pass.

Some of the info in that link is misleading. I like how the term stockpiling is being used instead of purchasing. They make it sound like DHS is buying ammo but not using any. Contrary to what the article said federal agents have to qualify quarterly and they use hollow points. Specialty units qualify more often. When you think of the total number of agents under DHS that number isn't really too unbelievable.

Some of the info in that link is misleading. I like how the term stockpiling is being used instead of purchasing. They make it sound like DHS is buying ammo but not using any. Contrary to what the article said federal agents have to qualify quarterly and they use hollow points. Specialty units qualify more often. When you think of the total number of agents under DHS that number isn't really too unbelievable.

Agreed. Snopes (our supreme overlord all truth) says they are purchasing, but not stockpiling:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/ssabullets.asp