Columbus area Cisco Network nerds, get in here!

Cheech

I got a job req that was handed down from my boss at ICC, a relatively large player in IT consulting in Columbus. For anyone that knows me, this sounds a lot like the project I was on in 2009/2010 that took me around the world, and would seriously bolster someone's resume. Here are the deets:

Description:

Karl is ramping up a team of 4 to carry out their Security Standardization project. They have 150 sites world wide that will need all local switches and routers upgraded. 2-4 weeks travel at each site. Global and domestic travel is required.

They will be planning each site upgrade in columbus then sending the teams out to do the Cisco Switches, routers, vlans and end pts.

CCNA and or CCNP preferred but not required.

To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.

Education and/or Experience;

- Technology related certifications (Cisco, F5, Security, etc.)

- 5 years of Cisco WAN, LAN topology and support

- 5 years experience with the install, configuration, and management of Cisco routers, switches, and wireless devices.

- 5 years Client and site-to-site VPN administration

- 5 years firewall and network security administration

- 3 years of data center network infrastructure administration

Bachelor’s degree is preferred

If you're interested, hit me up on PM and I'll give you the name and number of the recruiter for this. I am more than likely not eligible for this since I'm already deployed at Nationwide, but this is too good of an opportunity to not share.

I would love to do something like this. Alas, my Cisco skills are nearly null.

From everything I've gathered so far, this is a wet dream of a project, and the client is a large corp in Columbus. I'm trying to get myself positioned for this, but there are extra spots.

From everything I've gathered so far, this is a wet dream of a project, and the client is a large corp in Columbus. I'm trying to get myself positioned for this, but there are extra spots.
Wanna give me a crash course in Cisco? :D

This would be an awesome job / experience. What is the duration? I would love to do it but the kids, wife, etc, etc, etc.....

write erase

reload

Instant cure-all. :)

Cisco 101 right there

write erase

reload

Instant cure-all. :)

hahaha! Cisco shorthand is the cat's ass. Learing on the fly right now as we put all brand new Cisco switches in our new building, as well as just got our F5 up and running a week or so ago. This sounds like a kick ass gig, Cheechers!