hysteria needs to stop

crb

The hysteria needs to stop. I can't find squat for magazines at a decent price. Wanting some mags to throw in the lake near my new lost toy and they are gone or triple price. Im not even looking for a 10+ round mag. This hysteria is annoying to those of us not hysterical.

End rant

So I did the reloading training so I could become more self-sufficient and preserve my ability to obtain rounds throughout price fluctuations, but I cannot for the life of me fine ANY 9mm, 5.56, 7.62 or 22-250 bullets, nor primers (SP, SR or LR) or powder. So I have this nice press sitting there doing nothing for me. Once the panic buying is over I'll be able to scoop up tons of that crap and be making cartridges until I turn 90.

Wait until Tuesday...you haven't seen shit yet...

If he says enough stupid stuff to escalate the panic further, I think I will be forced to cash out and spend my money on another hobby. I have already given up on plenty of other hobbies due to being priced out of them, and typically lost my ass on the way out. This one looks like I could bail and make a decent return. Everyone has their price. :cool:

I meant everything, in general, firearm related...

You wanna talk about hysteria? At my reloading class a few of the guys stayed back late and talked about "prepping". One of them talked about placing markers in his (large) property that are ranged for mortar fire so if someone attacks he can radio to a buddy on the mortar the exact location (Purple 3!) and the mortar guy will have a chart so he knows exactly how many clicks to adjust the mortar launcher to hit each target. He "ranged" it with with dummy mortars.

This was part of his prep for avoiding the "FEMA Death Camps". Apparently Obama will repeal the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 22nd Amendments, and FEMA will announce it's "Safety Camps" (which are really Concentration Camps, or Death Camps, depending on if your forced labor is useful to Obama). Conservatives and Libertarians will be rounded up based upon any record of gun ownership, membership of "terrorist" groups like NRA, GOA etc.

The funny thing is, they talked about this like it was true. They expect this to start in about 3 months.

If he says enough stupid stuff to escalate the panic further, I think I will be forced to cash out and spend my money on another hobby. I have already given up on plenty of other hobbies due to being priced out of them, and typically lost my ass on the way out. This one looks like I could bail and make a decent return. Everyone has their price. :cool:

Never looked at them as a hobby, and you would be very wise to keep what you have.

You wanna talk about hysteria? At my reloading class a few of the guys stayed back late and talked about "prepping". One of them talked about placing markers in his (large) property that are ranged for mortar fire so if someone attacks he can radio to a buddy on the mortar the exact location (Purple 3!) and the mortar guy will have a chart so he knows exactly how many clicks to adjust the mortar launcher to hit each target. He "ranged" it with with dummy mortars.

This was part of his prep for avoiding the "FEMA Death Camps". Apparently Obama will repeal the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 22nd Amendments, and FEMA will announce it's "Safety Camps" (which are really Concentration Camps, or Death Camps, depending on if your forced labor is useful to Obama). Conservatives and Libertarians will be rounded up based upon any record of gun ownership, membership of "terrorist" groups like NRA, GOA etc.

The funny thing is, they talked about this like it was true. They expect this to start in about 3 months.

Wtf. Im watching my language with a tot on the way but seriously :wtf:

Never looked at them as a hobby, and you would be very wise to keep what you have.

They are one of my hobbies but lately haven't had much range time. I will wait for guys to sell off the stuff they just put on their credit card when "IT" doesn't happen.

They are one of my hobbies but lately haven't had much range time. I will wait for guys to sell off the stuff they just put on their credit card when "IT" doesn't happen.

You might very well be shit out of luck when something "does happen". Better to have and not need, or be somewhat prepared or wish you had been.

You might very well be shit out of luck when something "does happen". Better to have and not need, or be somewhat prepared or wish you had been.

I have them I am just hoping nothing happens and I can get some deals. :)

So I did the reloading training so I could become more self-sufficient and preserve my ability to obtain rounds throughout price fluctuations, but I cannot for the life of me fine ANY 9mm, 5.56, 7.62 or 22-250 bullets, nor primers (SP, SR or LR) or powder. So I have this nice press sitting there doing nothing for me. Once the panic buying is over I'll be able to scoop up tons of that crap and be making cartridges until I turn 90.

I just ordered Berry's 9mm from cabelas. I also have 2600 brass cases coming from some guy on the interwebz...... Or I just donated $125 to some douche.

Seen the website. I've also been past one of the "concentration" camps in Indiana. Used to live in Indiana not on a fema concentration camp search or anything crazy. Not buying to the conspiracy.

The part I find crazy is the mortars part. I w wouldn't trust my neighbor to be shooting mortars towards my house.

Edited by crb

I stopped reading a few paragraphs down when the writer claimed he talked to a Marine Corps Drill Sargent.

There is no such thing as a Marine Corp Drill Sargent.

They are Drill Instructors.

That's information every Marine knows.

That page is all lies...

• Upvote 1

Seen the website. I've also been past one of the "concentration" camps in Indiana. Used to live in Indiana not on a fema concentration camp search or anything crazy.

The part I find crazy is the mortars part. I w wouldn't trust my neighbor to be shooting mortars towards my house.

He told me it was a known technique for defending fire bases in Iraq & Afghanistan. Use the dummy mortars to "range" landmarks then when something happens you know what settings to use to hit those landmarks. Then you just need to make the bad guy stand near a land mark - "Free Bird Seed" or something similar.

• Upvote 1

He told me it was a known technique for defending fire bases in Iraq & Afghanistan. Use the dummy mortars to "range" landmarks then when something happens you know what settings to use to hit those landmarks. Then you just need to make the bad guy stand near a land mark - "Free Bird Seed" or something similar.

Are the bad guys the roadrunner? Beep beep. Rofl :lol:

Biden has not been talking about an AWB. Maybe he won't recommend one - or maybe he's assuming it's a given.

I'd expect a recommendation for an executive order on Tuesday. I'd expect it to ban high cap mags (Stupid and aggravating), and force background checks for all firearm sales (Not a bad thing).

The tree-hugging liberals will introduce a bill that could aim to ban any number of things from all semis to specific characteristics. Hopefully this will not pass.

Free market at work. I thought you guys were all about free market, supply and demand, stuff like that?

Even in a free market manipulation thru fear or over/under producing is not a desirable aspect.

• Upvote 1