Superbike Family tv show on Speed

i-Zapp

man i want to be an average professional motorcycle racer when i grow up... sweet house, industrial size out building, M3 and Escalade in the garage, smoking hot wife that WANTS you to race... what was i thinking with my boring career choice???? :cry:

man i want to be an average professional motorcycle racer when i grow up... sweet house, industrial size out building, M3 and Escalade in the garage, smoking hot wife that WANTS you to race... what was i thinking with my boring career choice???? :cry:

I'd hardly call Pegram Avg.. Consistantly top 10 in ama for over 20 years, not to mention how hard he has worked to get what he has. He is one of the best in the business at going out and finding sponsors and support. NO kidding she wants him to race.. that is what pays the bills. (not necessarily him racing, but the money he brings in from foremost, cortech, hjc, etc.)

I'd hardly call Pegram Avg.. Consistantly top 10 in ama for over 20 years, not to mention how hard he has worked to get what he has. He is one of the best in the business at going out and finding sponsors and support. NO kidding she wants him to race.. that is what pays the bills. (not necessarily him racing, but the money he brings in from foremost, cortech, hjc, etc.)

This! Larry is a regular shmo who works his ass off and can't believe his own luck.

no disrespect to pegram, my point is how well the guy is doing considering he rarely stands on the podium (not once last year) which is what sponsors want to see. i was under the impression that if you weren't top three (these days) you were barely collecting a paycheck and it actually COST money to race if you were mid-pack. he's obviously doing well. my understanding of road-racing economics must be out of whack - at what point does a person make the transition from "pro" but still having a day job, to actually making a living at it???

Consistency can actually pay better than occasional podiums Zapp.

The other thing that sets Larry apart is he never forgot where he came from as many do when they make it. He still lives here, plays here, goes out here. He will stop and talk to you at the store, bar ect. I've ran into him at Krogers and BW3. At the races, he comes to the campgrounds and talks and has a couple drinks.

That gains respect

Consistency can actually pay better than occasional podiums Zapp.

The other thing that sets Larry apart is he never forgot where he came from as many do when they make it. He still lives here, plays here, goes out here. He will stop and talk to you at the store, bar ect. I've ran into him at Krogers and BW3. At the races, he comes to the campgrounds and talks and has a couple drinks.

That gains respect

Not to mention, when is the last time you heard any drama involving Larry. Sponsors love to give money to guys that won't jeopardize or compromise their image/brand.

Yep, talked to him at the open house at his shop in Canal, talked to him at Mid O 2 years ago, and just a good all around dude.

He's smart about how he operates, and keeps clean, and as stated, remembers where he came from.

I understand where Izapp is coming from, as most would think that winning is the only way to keep sponsors, but the consistency thing is key in his field and I love seeing him succeed.

Shoot, one of my favorite chapsticks is from Foremost Insurance I got at Mid O from them, and everytime I whip that thing out I think of 1)Larry, 2)Foremost Insurance.

Actually I believe Dubguy is the only person here who can honestly say he PASSED Larry at Mid O. I along with my parents actually saw this happen too.

Larry was pulling into the pits and Dubguy was on the front straight, but that's still passing.

Yep, talked to him at the open house at his shop in Canal, talked to him at Mid O 2 years ago, and just a good all around dude.

He's smart about how he operates, and keeps clean, and as stated, remembers where he came from.

I understand where Izapp is coming from, as most would think that winning is the only way to keep sponsors, but the consistency thing is key in his field and I love seeing him succeed.

Shoot, one of my favorite chapsticks is from Foremost Insurance I got at Mid O from them, and everytime I whip that thing out I think of 1)Larry, 2)Foremost Insurance.

Actually I believe Dubguy is the only person here who can honestly say he PASSED Larry at Mid O. I along with my parents actually saw this happen too.

Larry was pulling into the pits and Dubguy was on the front straight, but that's still passing.

Flew by him!

Sponsors want to see success, but a freaking show promoting him and his sponsor helps too! ;)

When sponsoring someone you don't want to look at just wins.. You want to get a return on investment.. I believe foremost is doing that with their sponsorship with him.. The TV show is HUGE! Heck his kids wear foremost shirts all over the place on the show :D

not to mention he owns his own team... as a rider you only make a salary, but as an owner..... profits! haha. larry is awesome, i've known him since i got into the asphalt stuff back in 06. he even showed up in columbus for my birthday event i had downtown this summer. such a low key regular guy.

I like the show since it gives us insight to his home life and off the track dealings. He's a good guy and I'd like to visit his shop someday. He is very successful, and being the team owner/operator helps with income instead of just riding and living on contract money. They are a very race oriented family, and making quite an impact with the way they do it all. I would like to see the show host a variety of riders season by season to make the racing even more personal