any plumbers here?

AWW$HEEET

first i was looking for electricians, now plumbers, go figure.

im having an issue where my sump pump runs, and instead of draining wherever the hell it is supposed to drain outside, the water comes shooting out one of my gutter downspout tubes. essentially water is just pooling at the foundation of the house, ive done a little bit of digging around it with a hand trowel, but i am getting my shovel back tonight.

so if there are any plumbers out there who are interested in this job, let me know.

Sounds like the drain pipe from the sump is either clogged or collapsed so water is pushing out of the downspout piping. Have you tried calling any plumbers yet? I would if I were you - water will keep pooling back down to where the sumps pumping from and just continue cycling until the pump cooks or the water is removed.

Sounds like the drain pipe from the sump is either clogged or collapsed so water is pushing out of the downspout piping. Have you tried calling any plumbers yet? I would if I were you - water will keep pooling back down to where the sumps pumping from and just continue cycling until the pump cooks or the water is removed.

im kinda routing it away from the house now, about 8 feet or so via another pipe. so not all is lost, I am gonna call a plumber though...

Sounds like the outlet is cracked or clogged from the sump pump. Or if you don't have one, it may have always flowed like this and just diverted into the down spout. You could just add one of those fold out tubes to the end and divert it away.

My sump pump outlet pipe has a clean out on it, outside the house, then it goes below grade and out to the curb. Looks like a 1inch square closure plug, or essentially a crecsent wrecnh will open it, then see what's in there or if it's broke. You may need to snake down into the pipe to where ever it drains. I did that on my downspout when I was flushing it, both down to the curb and up from the curb.

Sounds like the outlet is cracked or clogged from the sump pump. Or if you don't have one, it may have always flowed like this and just diverted into the down spout. You could just add one of those fold out tubes to the end and divert it away.

My sump pump outlet pipe has a clean out on it, outside the house, then it goes below grade and out to the curb. Looks like a 1inch square closure plug, or essentially a crecsent wrecnh will open it, then see what's in there or if it's broke. You may need to snake down into the pipe to where ever it drains. I did that on my downspout when I was flushing it, both down to the curb and up from the curb.

that is exactly what mine has, a square plug on the exterior of the house. I will open it up to see whats up.

Yep, just do that, no idea why/how it's getting rerouted to your down spout if that is a different pipe, but it might just look like it's going there. My guess is there is something stuck after that bend and you will need to snake the outlet area.

That is where I would start though, if thats the case, a quick fix would be to follow that pipe into the ground, and dig along it's paty, shouldn't be too deep as it most likely just flows to the curb or away from the house. Then replace that section you jsut followed if that is where the clog is. You could test by putting watter in the opening you will have when you remove that plug, and see if it comes back up that pipe. Other option just for now is to just get a L and put it in above ground and run a line away from the house.

well, it comes out of the house, goes down into the ground about a foot and a half, then turns right into a drain tube that runs behind the house. the downspout T's into that line. So basically the water is backing up in the drain line, because of a blockage, then shoots out the downspout tube.

so i bought a 25 foot snake at harbor freight, fed the whole thing into the drain tube, and i still didn't get to the clog. called a plumber last night.