Slower Traffic Keep Right -- Enforcement???

JackFlash

i make increasingly wild gestures while i'm parked behind some left lane camping ass clown.

it starts with a pleasant and winning smile, with a small, but visible gesture with me pointing to the right lane

which gets upgraded to my hand raised just under my eye level, with a big "get over to the right" sweep of the left hand. almost stabbing my wife in the face at this point. still smiling, but with more sarcasm which is surely palpable through their rear view

which leads to both my arms, flailing maniacally from left towards ceiling towards the right, like some deranged half clock. my face is twisted in rage, and my face is more red than the brake lights they're blasting in my face from violent brake checking maneuvers. at this point, i have beaten my wife unconsciously from my furious gesticulating by this point in time.

they finally move over, 14 miles later, and i blow by them waving so enthusiastically that I have, once again, dislocated my shoulder.

And they say asians can't drive.

I just want to reiterate this word " gesticulating".

That's probably just because she really likes spaghetti and jello and he was afraid of seeing pics of her and you on here

Pretty much. It was right after his last jealous little fit with Lance "the brass ball" thread" he was crying that she was making nice with Lance so he forbid her to talk to him then found out she friend requested me and didn't like a few of my comments on her page either :lol: jealous little man

If you can't get to where you are going on time by following the posted speed limits then you should have left earlier. Plain and simple. :nono:

Maybe they are concerned for your safety? No' date=' pretty sure they just don't give a damn about the needs of someone that has no regard for the law.

Yeah that's probably it.[/quote']

You wouldn't last a second on a highway in Detroit. And they shoot back...

• Upvote 1

You wouldn't last a second on a highway in Detroit. And they shoot back...

I don't doubt it. Ironically the majority of cars speeding on the highway seem to be from Michigan. Just a personal observation.

Maybe they're just in a hurry to get out of Ohio lol??

I don't doubt it. Ironically the majority of cars speeding on the highway seem to be from Michigan. Just a personal observation.

I know' date=' I love it.

“One thing we have to explain to people is that usually everyone thinks if you increase the speed limit drivers go faster and it tends not to happen that way,” he said. “There’s a very small percentage of people that actually speed up.”

Peterson said more accidents are caused by individuals who try to stay close to the actual speed limit as opposed to those who go above it.

“They’re the ones that actually cause some of our traffic problems because they have people weaving around them,” he said. “It seems wrong for a police officer to say that the people who are driving slow are causing the problems but it’s actually true.” One example Peterson gave to council was that the vast majority of individuals drive 45 mph on Washtenaw near Golfside even though the limit is 40. The individual that is actual going the speed limit causes everyone else to make abrupt lane changes that might result in accidents, he said.

“You end up with unintentional tailgating and it really causes a discontinuity in the traffic flow,” he said. “That’s where our crashes come from.”

Peterson said by setting the speed limit near the 85th percentile speed, it brings individuals driving the speed limit up into the normal range and in turn, reduces speed differentials.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/ypsilanti/michigan-state-police-and-mdot-proposes-more-speed-limit-increases-in-ypsilanti/

The flow of traffic here is 80-85 with minimal to no left lane snoozers. It's just what we're used to for highway travel.

From Sault St. Marie to Key West, the only state I cringe driving through is Ohio...

I hate Indiana drivers myself! Now THOSE fuckers are artists! They always seem to traditionally drive 5-10 mph below the speed limit. I only forgive them because they are intimidated by the gasoline powered carriage :rolleyes:

The flow of traffic here is 80-85 with minimal to no left lane snoozers. It's just what we're used to for highway travel.

This.

I know my location is Kettering, but I've lived in Michigan off and on for the past 5 years. The roads may suck, but at least the drivers don't.

Worst thing that can happen on a Michigan highway (short of the apocalypse), is an Ohio driver.

Slow drivers are okay. Asshole drivers trying to police others are on my shit list. Some people aren't as good as others. I think we should increase the difficulty of the drivers test by using video game type simulators with multiple scenarios in order to pass the test.

I also agree that Germany seems to do it right. Harder tests and people get over.

Another peeve is those who want everyone to merge early when a lane ends. Everyone should drive up to the merge point and like a zipper, every other car should go seamlessly into the single lane.

Biggie

Trust me I know. I've been pulled over by a State Trooper on Rt4 outside of Bucyrus for speeding' date=' I had just passed a slower vehicle and had not fully slowed down yet. I explained that to the officer. He let me go. I remember seeing a quote about this in the driving manual many years ago, I can't seem to find the same thing in the "current" one, but trust me, it is doable. [/quote']

I think he either didn't know the law on that one or he was accepting your excuse. I say this because I've been all over the Ohio Motorcycle Operator Manual, the booklet you study when you are working on getting your motorcycle endorsement, and noticed that it is not acceptable to drive over the speed limit when passing another car.

Motorcycle Operator Manual

(Page 14)

Ride Within Your Abilities

-Keeping Your Distance

--Passing and being passed.

---Passing

The following is found just above

the picture on that page.

"Remember, passes must be

completed within posted speed

limits, and only where permitted.

Know your signs and road markings!"

Left lane enforcement is something I'd pay to see more of. Bottlenecking traffic creates possibly the worst situation on the road by bunching everyone together. Don't like the faster pace? Stay the fuck home. Or let the fast people by and they'll get the ticket, if that's your mentality.

If traffic is moving quicker than I normally go, you better believe I speed up. (I normally drive 5-7 over) THERE IS NO NEED TO HOLD UP TRAFFIC. Unless you're a cop, IT'S NOT YOUR JOB TO ENFORCE THE SPEED LIMIT. It's not a difficult concept.

On edit: http://www.slowertraffickeepright.com/ for those of you that need pictures.

Edited by wantahertzdonut

Trust me I know. I've been pulled over by a State Trooper on Rt4 outside of Bucyrus for speeding' date=' I had just passed a slower vehicle and had not fully slowed down yet. I explained that to the officer. He let me go. I remember seeing a quote about this in the driving manual many years ago, I can't seem to find the same thing in the "current" one, but trust me, it is doable.

MT's comments are not facts. I have never wrecked my bike, alone or on any OR ride. I have gone off the road surface and was able to pull back on without incident on a couple occasions, that is not a wreck. And I don't believe I have ever rode with you.[/quote']

Uh, his comments were essentially that you tend to ride over your head and speed as you ride with the group. To the point they do not want to ride with you. I know Todd and know he wouldn't need to lie about something - especially in this thread.

Second, if you go off the road and now acknowledge doing so, then you have proven this to be correct. That's riding over your head, meatball.

I know we haven't ridden together and guess what? That's a good thing. Firstly because if we ever do, I will either wick it up to avoid being around you or bail at the first chance and ride away to avoid similar issues. I don't ride with squirrels and from the sounds of it, you have the most nuts so, no need unless I get bored and need entertainment.

As for the State Trooper deal, sounds like you got let go and talked your way out of it. "It can be done" isn't a law, dingle. If it is a law, it is easy to look up and I have yet to find it. Enlighten us, please...