Now they admit no AR15 used in Sandyhook shooting!

Rod38um

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?Q=517284&A=4226

Assault weapon ban is in effect in that state, the AR was a legally owned rifle that didn't meet the assault rifle description in that state, it was a simple rifle. Why the new assault rifle ban push?

Edited by Uncle Punk

Well, I guess that will just put the collective minds of the parents who lost kids there at rest. Thank 7lb, 8oz baby Jesus that a AR wasn't actually used.

I missed the part where an AR wasn't used. I'm certain one was used but that doesn't mean it was an assault weapon. Assault weapons are banned in that state as per the last national assault weapons ban that the state continued after the national one expired.

This crime was committed by a mad man using a rifle. Rifles are used in such a small % of murders that it's not worth making new laws for them.

Well, I guess that will just put the collective minds of the parents who lost kids there at rest. Thank 7lb, 8oz baby Jesus that a AR wasn't actually used.

So it doesn't bother you that the media and the administration has been lying to you?

That clip is from right as it happened. It was inaccurate, and later corrected. The autopsies comfirmed that the ar was the murder weapon in every death. Because this video is making the rounds again the state police issued a statement last week calling bullshit.

There was no lying going on, an AR was used but it didn't meet the assault weapons ban criteria to be defined as an assault weapon it was a simple AR rifle.

Simple vs. assault? What criteria was missing? ----never mind

Edited by Gump

Really, never mind, do you know now? Not all ARs are assault weapons. Thousands of AR variants were bought and sold under the old ban.

Here lies the problem.......many folks just don't get or accept that, and we also have those in power that feel the same way.

I was too young when the last ban was in progress. What were the requirement of the old ban? did a pistol grip adjustable stock and detachable magazine that are on almost every AR just become reason to call it a "assault Weapon"?

A few years ago, our government passed the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, more commonly known as the 1994 Crime Bill. This law "restricts the manufacture, transfer, and possession of certain 'Semiautomatic Assault Weapons'." (AN OXYMORON IN ITSELF, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT PREACHING TO THE CHOIR.) So what, you say, is a "Semiautomatic Assault Weapon"? The law (Section 921 (a) (30), Title 18 U.S.C.) defines it as so:

1. Any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearms in any caliber, known as;
    • Norinco, Mitchell, Poly Technologies, Avtomat Kalashinikovs.
    • Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI, Galil.
    • Beretta Ar70 (SC-70).
    • Colt AR-15
    • Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, FNC.
    • SWD M-10, M-11, M-11-9, M-12.
    • Steyr AUG.
    • Intratec TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22.
    • Revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12.

[*]Any semiautomatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following features:

• a folding or telescoping stock.
  • a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
  • a bayonet mount.
  • a flash suppressor or a threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor.
  • a grenade launcher.

[*]A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following features:

• an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip.
  • a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer.
  • a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned.
  • a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded.
  • a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

[*]A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of the following features:

• a folding or telescoping stock.
  • a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
  • a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds.
  • an ability to accept a detachable magazine.

http://www.ar15.com/content/legal/preORpost.html

Early reporting was fucked up. Since that early December confusion reports came out that multiple 30-round mags inside, spent rifle brass, coroner says all wounds from rifle, blah blah blah.

There's no conspiracy - there's no official report yet. All there is so far is shitty early reporting and conflicting reporting at that.

We knew just as much (and it was all wrong) about Aurora and Columbine at this stage of the game.

Enough with the infowars bullshit.

• Upvote 1

Sandy Hook was a tragedy. And I am all for honest to goodness policies that might prevent it. Like a guard at schools. Properly trained employees with CCW permits, I'm even for background checks prior to the sale of a weapon, etc.

But it doesn't matter if the killer used an assault rifle or not in the shooting.

It doesn't justify taking away the constitutional rights of law abiding citizens.

If you don't understand the reasoning behind the second amendment. You need to go back to school. Or watch the news from other countries. For some reason many Americans have a false sense of security, that the government is always acting in their best interest.

You don't have to like guns, or even own one. Just don't tell a law abiding american they can't have one.

Edited by aforrest4
  • Upvote 2

I was too young when the last ban was in progress. What were the requirement of the old ban? did a pistol grip adjustable stock and detachable magazine that are on almost every AR just become reason to call it a "assault Weapon"?

In 1994, Congress enacted HR 3355, the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (103rd Congress, Second Session). Title XI Subtitle A specifies a short list of “semi automatic assault weapons” by manufacturer and model number. It also attempts to categorize long guns not on the specified list under the title of assault weapon by identifying certain observable traits. Specifically, it states that a semi automatic assault weapon has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following traits: a folding or telescoping stock; a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously; a bayonet mount; a flash suppressor or threaded barrel to accommodate a flash suppressor; or a grenade launcher.

Problem with absorbing information? There is no info wars bullshit going on here. Go back and actually read links before you prematurely admonish the informed.

???? This thread is about supposed admission there's no AR involved....based on a Dec. 15th report which has been rendered outdated by later reporting. That's the infowars shit...they've been trumpeting that nonsense for weeks.

That's what I'm commenting on, and I watched the video posted in the OP. There's no links to read, except one you posted which has nothing to do with that.

I have no problem absorbing information, which is why I'm sure there's not a big mystery about the AR being used, and there is no real admission to the contrary.

Why are you bent out of shape anyway? You're not the OP.

The OP corrected himself before anyone else had a chance to respond. I posted a link to the actual state report that has been public for a few days now. We were having an adult conversation about the factual information when you decided to tell us how we weren't doing it right.

We had already taken care of the wrong information on the first page by the second post and for sure by the third post. You show up on the third page like some half cocked noob addressing a matter already taken care of. You usually contribute good content so I know you are capable of following along, it didn’t make sense to me that you needed to rehash the first post especially since it had already been taken care of, kind of like you hadn’t read the whole thread.

If you have a problem with the link I provided not having anything to do with the OP we can address that but I need you to explain how you come to that conclusion.