My 2013 national cylinder heads sponsored GSXR600 build

gixxie750

$4000 is deff not my "dream" budget,but its a Good one to try with. I think I prob am spending half of what most others are spending. Its sooo fun it's worth every penny and is fun as can be!

this puts a smile on my face. most people think once it gets really competitive that the fun stops, and it makes me very glad to hear you are having a blast out there

I just enjoy being part of the show! It was a dream of mine years ago and it has finally started to come true! Now if this motor just has the ponies I may be able to help put on a good show! There is nothing like lining up on the grid with all those umbrella girls LMAO

• 2 months later...
First want to start it off saying THANKS to all my Sponsors.  NATIONAL CYLINDER HEAD,SPARTAN LEATHERS,WOODCRAFT,ARMORBODIES,MOTOZEN,614 PAINTWORX,SCHWEITZER CONSTRUCTION,AFJRACESHOP AND LITHIUM MOTORSPORTS.  Also a Huge thanks to my crew!!  The always funny Tuna,Joe the best mechanic ever,Trish the hottest umbrella girl and Bob 606 for his pure love of racing. I would also like to thank the JUNKIES for all your support and texts and over all support!!!  Its deff the big show and people everywhere are seeing us doing it!  Much love to all who help and support the sport and I THANK you!! 

Well to start of the loading of the bikes and supply's went good and we had almost 3 times of every part as a spare.  We left Cincy on time and made great time to the track.  We get there and begin to unload and then they decide we needed to move the whole pit across the entire paddock so we re-pack and move.  Cool part is we were now directly across from Tech and that made all things AMA related really easy. We set up a bad ass pit and begin to settle in.....

DSC_0857_zps46acf41b.jpg

DSC_0860_zps862e2a25.jpg

DAY 1:  Qualifying and practice. (50 min each)

Never even been on the track before and was freeking out at every person I told this to face went to a cringe look lol.  Well bike had a fresh set of tires on it and it was all warmed up and ready to go.  Track went green and jumped into the end of the pack and tried to follow.  Let me tell you I have never had so much fun and so much fear and close calls I had that first lap lol.  I was LOVING this place and got up to pace fairly fast.  All felt great!!!!  

Then It was time to qualify..  Bike has another fresh set of tires on it all ready and warm and I am looking fore ward to just riding that track again lol.  It was great as I finally could ride around and try to improve the lines and entry speeds.  Well I loved it so much i skipped the tire pressure check we planned and just stayed out.  Started passing people and was really loving it.  I had this major problem blowing way wide ,but it still was just a blast.

DAY:2 RACE # 1

Before our race we do the fan walk.  This year we gave out glow sticks and signed shirts,hats and these AMA posters we had.  Its always a blast talking with all the fans.  

DSC_0893_zps2a78e2f5.jpg

DSC_0887_zpscf183858.jpg

Well It was preditcted to be a rain race so we mounted up rains on the B bikes wheels.  Well then since the B bike had wheels we prob should use the B bike so naturally we had to build it lol.  It was not really put together to be ridden yet,but more was like a rolling parts box that looked good lol. Well after a couple of hours it was now a ready to ride rain B bike.  Well we must of made the gods of gription happy Because the sky cleared and it was perfect for racing!!!

DSC_0859_zpsa24fca44.jpg

DSC_0876_zpse7c2a08d.jpg

DSC_0872_zps9a5b3c1d.jpg

Crew was ready to go to the starting grid with the genny,tire warmers,stands,radios,water,face shield cleaner and run with all this 1/4 mile,jump a wall and wait for me at the grid.  Its all so much moving the bike from pit to cold pit to hot pit and moving all this stuff back and forth.  Its nutz...  

DSC_0986_zpsae1f7c25.jpg

Anyway we hear the 2 Min horn sound and I hop on bike and go out for a parade lap. This lap is used for waving at fans and going med pace.  Now we pull up to our grid and throw bike on stands and put warmers on take a drink and Sit under the umbrella for what feels like 15 min,but prob more like 5 lol. Whistle sounds,stands go down and light goes on...  Let me tell u how insane it feels as that light goes off.  Its LOUD its INTENSE Its something you can feel throughout your body as all these motors go WTF.  I stayed far left and just went with the pack.  It seemed like I was staying strong and I had some riders I could chase.  Felt good and was only passed like 3 times and even made a pass or 3 myself.  Before I even knew it was close to over I saw the white flag.  Took a look back and saw no one so I just practiced new lines to try to stop the running wide,but nothing worked....Finished 31 out of like 41 starters.

RACE:2

The weather had changed to winter again it seemed like and it was COLD!  Race practice was at 8am and i did one lap and said hell with that cold and wet track.  Well the Race was at 10am so I was scared as hell to race in the cold on a damp track.  I was very much considering bailing out and just watching.  Tuna and Joe would not take no and just started getting it all ready and setting up hot pit.  Well since I had no choice i geared up in the cold and paced allot lol.

DSC_0996_zpsdbc1d926.jpg

Bob held my hose

DSC_0997_zpsc8e2ecb1.jpg

Tuna loves coffee

DSC_1001_zps41cddb16.jpg

Joe keeping me warm lol

DSC_1002_zps48e04e68.jpg

Line up and grid again and it all goes smooth.  Light goes out and I'm off.  KILLER START and went way up the field.  Fell in and was closer to the front than ever.  Went around a rider that had a bobble and gaped the pack a little who got held up by that bobble.  Go into 11 and I watch 2 more riders crash hard and the group in front was way closer now.  As I head down the back strait they gap me again,but these brakes I have rock...  Anyway as we continue I see a red flag and rush back to hot pit angry cause I was doing it and had a good chance.  We re-grid after the 10 min passes and then the light went out again.  It was pure insanity that followed.  I had a horrible start and lost my left hand side of the track position to another rider.  I was forced to the Center of the track and I was hating it,but just as I begin to look for a hole I see a bike appear above all the riders ahead.  I kinda hesitate rolling any harder and just then i see a horrible wreck in the makings.  People were FLYING past me directly into the wreck and it was un-real.  I stayed on the throttle for the fear I was about to be ass packed super hard like I saw in front of me.  Luckily They all were on my left and got past me clean.  HORRIBLE and so so so happy that all involved are still here.  The is the worst thing I have ever seen.

The third re-start was peaceful and I just did not have it in me to rush in there just yet.  So I stayed way left and just fell in line.  It all felt good,but I could not seem to go any faster on my setup.  I had been working on the forks and shock all weekend to no avail and I just wanted to keep it shiny for the next round. 
  • Upvote 1

Good writeup Brandon, loved being able to watch someone on AMA live timing who is so down to earth and just a real person most of us have met.

Thanks for taking the time to share the writeup with us over here too, we appreciate that, along with the knowledge you bring to both forums.

Good stuff there man! I dig the fact you were honest about how you felt with the cold and things you saw. I respect that. Keep fighting the good fight and best of luck as the season continues! 

Saw the highlight of the SS class start crash, absolute craziness. Guys were piling and swerving, running over other riders down, couple of asspacks, it was nuts. I replayed the incident a few times looking for you and figuring out who all was involved, hoping you weren't part of it all since this is expensive enough without needing to rebuild a thrashed A bike. Glad you came out unscathed ( physically, surely hit your mental game in the mouth for a bit ). Good luck man, do well this season!

it was so so crazy!  Kinda glad I got a bad start and did not get the left line I normally got. My mind is deff injured forever from this..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201174170745813&set=vb.614153575267182&type=2&theater

I'm next to the blue bike in a stoppie and behind the yellow bike in stoppie.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk12/bob8163/601207_10152853175695587_254847599_n-1_zps68eb2f88.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Neat bike and a great thread.

This build is being featured in the BikeBuilds.net directory here: gixxie750's SGXR600

We're currently displaying only a reduced-size photo (similar to what you'd find in Google Images).  We'd like to ask for your permission to publish the original full-size image with your build listing.

If anyone would like to have a build of their own listed, just send me a message with a link to the build thread and we'll take care of the rest.

Ken