Official anything Mt. Bike thread.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

Snow riding is fun, especially if the snow is on a frozen lake.

So far, I have only ridden at John Bryan and Dayton's metropark site. What are the other riding spots that I need to check out in the C-D-C area? WV is on my radar screen but I am looking for rides a couple hours or less from Dayton.

BTW, I have done Brown County, IN and would love to go back.

I'm kinda new to it, but I've been riding the last couple years...mostly at Alum, Mohican, Dillon & Chestnut Ridge. I'm slow, wreck alot, but I enjoy it.

I've got some trails at my property, too, but this time of year it's like pedaling through syrup. I stick to the hilly dirt roads during winter, I have some cross-trail tires I slap on for that kind of stuff.

Here's my indestructible boat anchor, a GT Karakoram 1.0 29'er.

293656_2244469629528_1835719372_n.jpg

Edited by swingset

What are the other riding spots that I need to check out in the C-D-C area? ....looking for rides a couple hours or less from Dayton. BTW, I have done Brown County, IN and would love to go back.

If you like BC, stop in at Versailles SP on 50W. Definitely closer than BC and certainly as good, altho without the total mileage. Even closer to you is MOMBA @ Huffman Park. Very neat trail system and worth a visit.

EDIT: Caesar Creek and East Fork are good trail systems, too.

Edited by Bubba

Have any suggestion for a <$300 bike that can hold up to wrecks well? My crappy bike was stolen a few years ago and I haven't replaced it yet!

Agree with the above, go used. There's some good bomb-proof HT's for that kind of coin.

This is a good deal and they're pretty good frames with decent components. Upgrade the wheel set and front fork when you're able and you have a damned nice entry bike.

http://zanesville.craigslist.org/bik/3559395357.html

Snow riding is fun, especially if the snow is on a frozen lake.

So far, I have only ridden at John Bryan and Dayton's metropark site. What are the other riding spots that I need to check out in the C-D-C area? WV is on my radar screen but I am looking for rides a couple hours or less from Dayton.

BTW, I have done Brown County, IN and would love to go back.

I would check out Alum Creek P1 and P2, Chestnut Ridge, and Mohican is supposed to be good as well. Nati area supposedly has a few trails around there as well.

I've heard great things about Brown County.

Mike, don't forget to hit me up for a ride sometime. I hope I can keep up.

For sure. Waiting for weather to warm up and dry up some.

Have any suggestion for a <$300 bike that can hold up to wrecks well? My crappy bike was stolen a few years ago and I haven't replaced it yet!

What size? Or how tall are you? Ill keep an eye out for you on Craigslist.

C0FF2084-A614-4A93-8E3D-1D63F123657B-10512-00000632E095EA8C.jpg

First ride of the year Tuesday and first ever snow ride. Taint pain ensued afterwards.

My goal this year is to hit more of the trails around Ohio. Which one is that Parks?

It Lake Park here in Coshocton. I don't think it is on any trail maps.

There are a couple others I just found out about that I'm going to check out soon as it dries up some and I can get a time to meet up with a couple local buddies as the more the merrier. I also plan to hit up Mohican again, I only did the first 12 when we went last year. Along with Dillion, and Alum.

Chestnut Ridge is fairly technical with alot of climbing... i would avoid it for beginners.

Yeah, it's more like a training grounds than a trail network - a lot of the climbs don't reward you, you just blip down a small section and then pow you're climbing again.

Even tho it's 1-way I rode it backwards one time when I was the only person there....totally different (and funner) course that way.

I think someone laid it out as a practical joke.

I'm not a big fan of Chestnut Ridge. p1 is always muddy until mid summer. p2 is probably the best for local cbus riding. some of the bridges are too narrow imo. I like Mohican...although it's a tough workout. I'd like to get to Lake Hope soon.