Official anything Mt. Bike thread.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

Great job man! I skimmed some of your articles...seemed brutal. how far did you go and how long did it take?!

Total mileage was about 56. I was on the course for about 8 1/2 hours, with a total ride time of about 6.

• 2 weeks later...
Hitting up Dillion today with a couple buddies. None of us have ever been there. WHat does everyone think of the place?

I've been to dillon once for a race. I remember it starting off hilly and ending with more hills. I'm remember thinking it was a nice place to bike. I hear they have rock gardens but the novice race that I did bypassed these.

True...but i'll be pedaling my mtn bike with the suspension locked out.

So do you just adjust the suspension compression all the way in to achieve lock out? Is this right?

Edited by Hellmutt

Hitting up Dillion today with a couple buddies. None of us have ever been there. WHat does everyone think of the place?

Post up how you like it. Its on my list this year. Sucks Ive been working anytime the weather has been decent.

Ive done a few MTB rides on my Pugsley but the Endomorphs seemed to wander a bunch on the trail.

So I just ordered one of these

parts_tire_nate.jpg

For the front. We will see how this hooks up. Im going to try to do more off roading this year as a few trails have opened up closer to Cleveland. Probably try to do Mohican again as that was a lot of fun last time.

Craig

that's one way to do it. but most shocks have a lock out mechanism.

I've got a '98 Diamondback X6 with RockShox Judy's - no locking mech that I've ever found. I've got damping and compression adjustment but that's it

I've got a '98 Diamondback X6 with RockShox Judy's - no locking mech that I've ever found. I've got damping and compression adjustment but that's it

Yeah...that might be a bit old to lockout. not sure when the added this for I got my first real mtn bike in 2010...and it had lockouts on front/rear.

I would like to upgrade to a front shock on my bike. From my reading this will cost several hundo to get one worth buying? With this in mind I am thinking maybe I should just upgrade my whole bike because my rims are faily bent etc. I have this old giant from the 90's I have been beating on. See here http://www.ohioriders.net/showpost.php?p=956257&postcount=16

What do I do?

I dont have a regular MTB but from what Ive seen there have been many improvements in MTB technology, especially at lower price points.

And it doesn't look the geometry of your bike is designed to accommodate a suspension fork.

I think you should look at getting a different bike.

Best value is buying one from another rider who is upgrading. However fit is important so make sure its the right size.

Otherwise there is alot of choices at many price points. 29er seems to be the current trend, especially if you are taller. Most experienced riders I know have made the switch and wont go back.

Maybe we should meet up some day to do a local trail. I'm on the east side (Shaker Hts.) so nothing currently much closer than Strongsville. Though I hear Bedford Reservation may soon have a trail.

Im on a FatBike so pretty slow, and Im pretty green off road.

Craig

Edited by CBBaron