Official anything Mt. Bike thread.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

Anxious to hear about the Airborne too. That will be my next bike I think, I almost bought one then the LBS made me a great deal on my GT.

Gonna hit Alum in tomorrow if it dries out (and it should). I need to build some offroad endurance, I've been a lazy ass this winter.

P2 is good. P1 might be iffy. What time you going? I was going to ride in the AM.

What size did you go with?

Medium. I debated about the small for a few days but everyone, I mean everyone advised to get the medium. Should arrive today or tomorrow.

1. sucks have to pay shipping

2. sucks have to pay tax yet gets shipped from cali

I did the mohican race this weekend. Trail was in excellent condition. Free beer at the end too :) I finished 26.5 miles in 2:34. Great turn out as well.

Did you end up placing?

Well the season has truly begun. Need a new brake lever :/

Haha we'd get smoked so bad. Only people I ever pass on the trail are still trying to figure out their shifters.... You're racing the 5th right?

I will be there but don't think I'm going to race. I won't have seat time that saturday to get the cobwebs out.

Did they break it?

Nope I just really don't like missing packages because I have to sign for them when I am never home during the day. Ended up working from home this morning so I could catch the fedex dude.

It took all of about 10 minutes to unpack and put together so mad props there airborne! The seat is so effing hard though so that's going right into the garbage/ebay. Seems a bit on the heavy side but like the massive tubed frame like a giant talon. I still had old canti-lever brakes on my giant 26" so these new hydraulic disc brakes are pimp. The seat post on its lowest setting is where I feel most comfortable thus I still feel like a should've gotten the small however this one still feels good. The standover is a bit scarey since I only have about an inch or so. Hoping I can ride this weekend so I can give more of a review but for now I now give it an 7/10 because of the hard seat, weight, and sizing advice.8678860802_ab9d7fb0b6_b.jpg

No. That wouldn't be fun. No sense of suffering when I can just get a different seat and be in heaven rather than sitting on hades gate

well, i guess you'll find out. I think regardless of the seat you get, your arse will hurt after 30 minutes of sitting on it.

well, i guess you'll find out. I think regardless of the seat you get, your arse will hurt after 30 minutes of sitting on it.

+1

Actually big fat comfy seats are OK for 30+ minutes of casual cycling. But if you are exerting yourself and pedaling some revolutions they suck.

Personally Im a fan of Brooks

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWCWGtmNlDHpeM4UAc5VnEEDACMkyWfJBQ21yufdVdv5iOGzSpfg

My fatbike and commuter both have B17's but they are expensive and heavy.

However gel and "anatomical" seats are worthless in my opinion. Good for that 20 min ride around the neighborhood but not much else.

Much better to get a cycling short. Just get a pair of the spandex shorts with chamois and wear them under your regular shorts.

Craig