Crossed over to the dark side.....

Jst2fst

I don't regret it at all and you know me.

Your mom writes funny. Looks like a bunch of weird drawings and shit.

I have a windows phone for work and I never use it. Sucks balls. They are sending me a SG2. Yay.

mostly people i work with that have been die hard android fan boys

currently am experimenting with transferring renewal and all that crap to circumvent losing unlimited data (verizon plan with 5 lines, 4 unlimited, 1 on 2gb plan). will do a write up of my experience later.

for now, i have an iphone 5 in my hands. what cases did you guys buy? anything interesting? i'd get a magpul bumper case but i dont think it's out yet, per their site. looking for something with a hard exterior, lined interior (to absorb some of the shock from a potential drop) and doesn't add too much bulk (like otterbox, that thing is just retarded bulky)

What do you people do that you need such ridiculous cases?

I have a cheap Belkin gel skin and a screen protector on mine and its all I've needed. This thing has even taken more 3-4ft falls than most other phones I've owned

What do you people do that you need such ridiculous cases?

I have a cheap Belkin gel skin and a screen protector on mine and its all I've needed. This thing has even taken more 3-4ft falls than most other phones I've owned

:p

I still have that defender' date=' Adrien.[/quote']

PM on the way

I've seen some of my friends with otter boxes. I'm gonna be heading close to a wally world in a few to see what they have also. Never thought it be this hard to find a case for a phone.

Do not buy an otterbox at Wally World. They want $50+ for the same thing you can get online for $25.

• 2 weeks later...
currently am experimenting with transferring renewal and all that crap to circumvent losing unlimited data (verizon plan with 5 lines, 4 unlimited, 1 on 2gb plan). will do a write up of my experience later.

for now, i have an iphone 5 in my hands. what cases did you guys buy? anything interesting? i'd get a magpul bumper case but i dont think it's out yet, per their site. looking for something with a hard exterior, lined interior (to absorb some of the shock from a potential drop) and doesn't add too much bulk (like otterbox, that thing is just retarded bulky)

ok, here's my write up on how to keep your unlimited data plan on verizon, assuming you have multiple lines on your plan and that you don't know how to do this already. this is just based on my personal experience, so ymmv. also, my update a week into owning an iphone 5

1. you should have multiple lines on your plan. i have 4 grandfathered unlimited data lines and 1 with 2gb data. don't ask, i don't know why either.

2. one of your grandfathered unlimited data line is up for renewal! oh no, they're gonna take your unlimited data away if you upgrade zomfgwtfroflbbq

3a. go to verizon store, tell them you want to transfer upgrade (use the term alternate upgrade or buddy upgrade) to the non-data or limited data plan line.

3b. or you can just do this on verizon wireless website. it just takes longer to get the phone this way

4. after receiving and activating the new phone on your 2gb or non-data line, you change the line back to the old phone (whether that is with smart phone or not, shouldn't matter).

5a. you can wait 1 day (you have to have activated and deactivated before midnight the night before) and then activate the new phone on your unlimited data line or

5b. you can call verizon, tell them you want to activate your new phone on your unlimited data line. but want them to verify that you are not losing your unlimited data. if they hassle you over this last point, just tell them you change your mind and get another person on the line.

5c. you can go to apple store or verizon store and have them swap the SIM on your new phone and then activate on your unlimited data line

6. spit on the faces of babies cause you're a dirty cheater of systems and should be shot

7. enjoy your new phone

review of iphone 5, about a week or so into it:

so mostly, i was worried about battery life on this phone at my current usage vs my galaxy SIII since i do a fair bit of work on the phone and with this one, i can't just swap batteries because steve jobs, in this regard, is a dick bag. anyway, it turned out to be fine, i can get 7-8 hours use and almost 2 full days of standby if i stretch it. there's no telling how that deteriorates as time goes on, but by then i should have a gazillion chargers and shit every which place.

the phone is pretty smooth (some hesitation on screen switches here and there, but all phones do that), screen looks very nice, photos look good. all in all, just a well thought out, functional phone. if you have tiny carny hands (as someone i know put it) this phone is excellent for ergonomics. if you want a giant screen, this isn't necessarily the phone for you. actually, if you want a giant screen, a phone isn't the phone for you.

anyway, of the things i noticed between the SGIII and iphone 5, i'd say the only thing i could readily point to and say is better on the iphone is the camera. they're both fast and responsive, they both have high resolution, and blahblahblah but the pics output by the iphone is just a bit nicer. you can tell apple's development team definitely has a few more photogs on their payroll than samsung/htc/whatever. like they give the saturation or color just a bit more oomph to make it look more vibrant or life like or something. i'm not a photog, if you couldn't tell, so i can't give you a very well articulated thought on that.

anyway, i'm not sorry i got the iphone, though i'm sorry i broke the shit out of my SGIII screen.

the end.

btw, if anyone is looking for a nice low profile, yet highly protective dual material case for the iphone, i have a spare one of these:

36380.jpg