Motorcycle Ohio class registration starts Feb 19th at 8:00a

Casper

Our insurance company kicked us both back for our courses. Spent $25 each and got $75 back on our premiums, so even if it's $50....I'm assuming you'll still make money back pending how assholish your ins. provider is

Was going to register Carie and I for the ARC, but the only place with openings is in Hamilton county. Pass. So I registered us for the BRC2. It's been a while since she's been on the bike (once since before she was pregnant with little guy), so it'll be a nice refresher for both of us. Never can have too much training for anything.

My understanding is the price went up because costs are increasing but no new money from state. So only other revenue source is riders.

Dont look at it as a doubling of the $25 cost but as a $25 increase on what is probably a $250-$300 class. Thats what the unsubsidized cost would be.

Still a good deal but hopefully the funding can be corrected to bring it back down. Not likely but hopefully.

Craig

Was going to register Carie and I for the ARC, but the only place with openings is in Hamilton county. Pass. So I registered us for the BRC2. It's been a while since she's been on the bike (once since before she was pregnant with little guy), so it'll be a nice refresher for both of us. Never can have too much training for anything.

Same deal here, I attempted to log in from 8-8:15 am and couldn't get anything to show up, so I had to abandon my attempt. No other time today until now, and the Hamilton location is still the only one left. Scheduled for the BRC-2 on 6/2, looking forward to it.

The ARC is probably what you want to do if you are competent on a motorcycle and want a refresher/reminder of the basic skills. I took it last year.

There was not really anything new in the class but it does give you someone knowledgeable looking at your performance at some necessary skills and giving you feedback on how to improve.

Worth $50 and an afternoon, especially if you have been off the bike for a couple years.

BRC-2 seems to be more for the rider who has been off the bike for a decade or more. Or tat took their test but didnt get a bike right away.

Craig

The ARC is probably what you want to do if you are competent on a motorcycle and want a refresher/reminder of the basic skills. I took it last year.

There was not really anything new in the class but it does give you someone knowledgeable looking at your performance at some necessary skills and giving you feedback on how to improve.

Worth $50 and an afternoon, especially if you have been off the bike for a couple years.

BRC-2 seems to be more for the rider who has been off the bike for a decade or more. Or tat took their test but didnt get a bike right away.

Craig

Wouldn't that be the BRC-RR (returning rider)?

I'm wondering if something is jacked-up with the website. I don't buy that Butler Technology & Career Development Schools in Hamilton, Ohio has 33 seats left for May 16th thru June 30th, at 3:30 PM on the first day of sign-up, and no one else has any seats left in the whole state. Could this be correct? If so, it seems we need many more Advanced Rider Courses available to the rapidly growing number of riders than what is currently available.

I'm trying to get in an Advance Rider Course. Last year I signed up for the Basic Rider Course the 2nd day of sign up and there were plenty of seats left.

Lakewood High School in Hebron, Ohio currently has 79 seats available for their Basic Rider Course between March 21st and June 9th, so surely someone has some Advanced Riders Course seats still available.

I'll keep an eye on the website and see if anything changes.

Edited by JackFlash

This morning (around 10:30), I got frustrated and called the 800 number on the website to see what was the deal for registering for the ARC. The lady explained that all of the ARC courses must not be posted yet. She said that the demand for the ARC is not as great as the other classes. She said that they should be posted in the near future. I checked back at 4:30 and the only ARC classes available were in Hamilton, OH.

I took the ARC at Honda's course in Troy the same weekend my wife took the BRC. I've been riding for almost 30 years, dirt/street. There wasn't much I didn't already know but it touched on some refresher basics that I hadn't used in quite a while, and the low speed maneuvering/critique was insightful. I got the same insurance refund for a 5hr course that my wife spent 3 days to get. Well worth it for the experience alone, but even better when you're virtually paid to go

This morning (around 10:30), I got frustrated and called the 800 number on the website to see what was the deal for registering for the ARC. The lady explained that all of the ARC courses must not be posted yet. She said that the demand for the ARC is not as great as the other classes. She said that they should be posted in the near future. I checked back at 4:30 and the only ARC classes available were in Hamilton, OH.
Great to know. If I can swap these BRC2 seats out for ARC that'd be excellent.

I'm wondering if something is jacked-up with the website. I don't buy that Butler Technology & Career Development Schools in Hamilton, Ohio has 33 seats left for May 16th thru June 30th, at 3:30 PM on the first day of sign-up, and no one else has any seats left in the whole state.

This morning...called the 800 number on the website...The lady explained that all of the ARC courses must not be posted yet....She said that they should be posted in the near future. I checked back at 4:30 and the only ARC classes available were in Hamilton, OH.

Suspicions confirmed.

Edit: As of 1:19 AM, Hamilton, Ohio is down to 29 seats for the ARC class. No others have been posted.

Edited by JackFlash

I sent an email to the email address on the website. They currently are not planning on having an Advanced Rider Course in Columbus unless there is enough interest. Does anyone else have much interest in an Advanced Rider Course in Columbus?

I sent an email to the email address on the website. They currently are not planning on having an Advanced Rider Course in Columbus unless there is enough interest. Does anyone else have much interest in an Advanced Rider Course in Columbus?
I would switch my two BRC-2 classes to the advanced if they offered it.

I would switch my two BRC-2 classes to the advanced if they offered it.

same here, I would happily switch from BRC-2