Riders Discount 2012 Triumph Daytona 675R AMA Daytona Sportbike Build

RidersDiscount

Our forks were reworked with K-Tech internals, and they arrived yesterday. This allowed us to get the front end back together. Note the allowing us to get the front end put back together. This included a quick change front axle from Fast Frank Racing to match the rear.

triumph_675r_feb28-1.jpg

triumph_675r_feb28-2.jpg

Up top, Renthal Clip-on bars were fitted, along with a Motion Pro quick turn throttle and Brembo master cylinder.

triumph_675r_feb28-3.jpg

The tanks will be coming in from Andrew Swenson Design tomorrow morning, so everything underneath needs to go into place.

triumph_675r_feb28-6.jpg

I don't know the logistics behind it, but will talk to the bossman on Monday to see if I can't get some more info as to this reasoning for you guys unless Desmo-Brian might have some insight into this as he's going through the same thing with Ducati?

You can buy a frame and engine, etc. But, the cost is WAY more than taking a stocker and transforming it to a racebike.

Plus, taking these down like this allows for the teams and racers to see one, how it is assembled to understand things and two, allows them to fix any items that need attention while at race pace. Lube in critical areas like swingarm bolts, steering heads, etc., etc... Plus, allows you to run a race harness or take the stock harness down to race trim which can save up to 2lbs.

Basically, for the right money, you can buy anything brand new. But, the su of the parts will exceed the price of one assembled...

Question to Nate or whomever this is - what exactly are the differences between the previous generation 675 and the new 2013 675 in terms of the motor?

Question to Nate or whomever this is - what exactly are the differences between the previous generation 675 and the new 2013 675 in terms of the motor?

Also believe they went to titanium valves for a lighter valvetrain, different cam specs, and higher redline by 400 rpm. Stronger in the high rpm without sacrificing anything in the low-mid range.

Good to see they made some changes. I wonder why they won't do the Fly-by-wire dealio, but only getting an additional 3hp, they are obviously trying to build dependability within the motor vs gaining extra power. They look to have not really changed, but lightened for less inertia.

I think the upgrades with the injectors and the updated gearbox with smaller engine changes are a sign they want to make it stay together longer as the older models were in dire need of dependability in race conditions.

The BIG deal is in the chassis in my mind. The trail and rake numbers are really good and aggressive which should make the bike handle great. The weight is good also. The HP is lower than I would have expected with low torque, but that's a triple which is closer to an inline.

I think they've done the right things. Let's see how they stack up when the season starts. I think they have a great package. I think next year might get even more interesting! ;)

Yup, everything I've read about the 2013 says the new chassis/handling are spot on. Some even dared to say the best money can currently buy.

Personally, I don't see the Fly-by-wire being a big advantage on a 600. Wheelie control isn't a need, traction control isn't as big of a deal, and these bikes have such smooth engine characteristics that Triumph has said they just haven't felt the need to do it. In a comparo vs. the MV F3 which does have f-b-w, everyone said they would take the 675's engine control and smoothness over the F3 any day.

I'll certainly be looking forward to the RidersDiscount 2013 675R build thread when they get those going!

Yup, everything I've read about the 2013 says the new chassis/handling are spot on. Some even dared to say the best money can currently buy.

Personally, I don't see the Fly-by-wire being a big advantage on a 600. Wheelie control isn't a need, traction control isn't as big of a deal, and these bikes have such smooth engine characteristics that Triumph has said they just haven't felt the need to do it. In a comparo vs. the MV F3 which does have f-b-w, everyone said they would take the 675's engine control and smoothness over the F3 any day.

I'll certainly be looking forward to the RidersDiscount 2013 675R build thread when they get those going!

The advantage comes when racing it. Otherwise, you have to use something like a Bazzaz unit that isn't good TC for example. When they come stock with the product, it allows the race teams to use them the way intended. It will happen sooner rather than later as it is something the general public believes in whether needed or not.

ABS is on it which is a sign they are following the needs of the buyer. They will go fly by wire soon...

Check out the custom seat that Saddlemen made for Riders Discount Racing Triumph’s Joey Pascarella.

We may not be able to get yours with custom embroidery, but we do carry their full line. For more information, just get in touch with Nathan at 866.931.6644 ext. 809 and he’ll be happy to help!

joey_pascarella_custom_seat-1.jpg