who knows about stack on total defense safes?

chevysoldier

I have an older smaller stackon. It works but I do plan on upgrading it eventually mine came with the bolts to secure it to the floor but with enough force I think it could be pulled through the metal. The door is the only part that seems tough. I love the electronic keypad though for quick access. If the code gets messed up 3 times in a row it won't open for 15min even with the code. I think you may have to wait 15min from the last attempt even if the last attempt was the right code. The inside is nice came with a few brackets so you can put scoped guns in there. I don't remember how much it originally cost.

My dad was able to pry one open with crowbar when he forgot the password(not sure about the newer ones), also heard that if you take a grinder to the top you can "roll it back like a sardine can". i just bought a 24 gun cannon safe this morning from tractor supply for 550.

I have seen how poorly their tool box's are constructed compared to name brand stuff. If the fireproof safes are the same way, I wouldn't even consider one. I was able to get the Liberty Colonial model, 25 gun, for $800 delivered a few years ago. You need to ask about the floor model safes. They are usually 1 or 2 years old and you can get them at a good discount. Picked mine up as a 3 year old floor model and saved $400 on the msrp.

The only thing i have is the stackon gun cabinet with the pistol cabinet on top. i know its not the most secure but it keeps the kids and the honest thieves out. I think mine are well built for what they are, but i have no fire protection. I know this does not help you at all but thats all i can offer. And i agree with what someone else said, a shity safe is better than no safe.

I think Menards sells those on sale every once in awhile too. Or maybe thats a different model/maker, but I almost picked up a safe from ther efor like 599 and 11%off or whatever they do around Christmas. Just after I think actually, and maybe it was 499.

Im curious as well.

That be it, how you likey?

It seems to be a real nice (heavy) safe. It has 6 locking bolts on the door and comes with bolts to mount it to the floor. Lots of options inside to set it up for whatever small armory you have. I have one side setup for long guns and the other half is shelves for my ammunition and handguns. The safe was probably overkilll for me right now (3 handguns, 2 long guns and a bunch of ammo), but I'm sure I will have a great time filling it up. :D

Thanks for the info, yeah I don't need anything that big, but figure it's perfect for growth. Did they deliver, set up a delivery, etc? Or just load it on a trailer/truck?

I picked mine up with a truck/trailer and had a buddy help get it in the house with an appliance dolly (which can be rented). I put it on the main floor in my house, so not a huge issue getting it in the door and situated. The delivery price varies depending on how many miles you are from the store and it costs a bit more if you want it brought in the house. If it was going upstairs or to the basement, I would have gladly paid for delivery. The safe weighs in at nearly 500lbs...

**If you haven't guessed, I may or may not work at the one in Hamilton. ;)

Haha, nice man ;)

I'm in Cbus so no Hamilton, but the ranch we are looking at in Marysville would be where it'd go if we got it.

Thanks!

Dont want to be the barer of bad news but this is a pretty good deal and I was looking for some more room so started calling to purchase, only stores that have any left are in Tipp City. They have 11, all other Menards are sold out even though some of the stores show in stock online.

Ps: Marion had one left but I just purchased over the phone. sorry. :o