Quick cheap way to get cash from credit card?

JStump

So I am trying to buy this 675 but every time I turn around there is a new reason why my taxes are going to be delayed, so I got to thinking. I have $3000 on a credit card that has 0% interest until January, I could use this as like a 1-2 month loan until my taxes come in. Only problem is there is a 3% fee on balance transfers. Thought maybe sending a gift through paypal, but there is a 2.75% fee on gifts sent from credit cards. Thought about doing a prepaid visa card from walmart, but they do not accept credit cards as payment for prepaid cards according to whoever just answered the phone at wally world. I am out of ideas for cheap cash off this card. Anyone else have any tricks I can try?

Is this a credit card, or a credit/debit card? You MAY be able to get a money order from somewhere with a straight cc, but I wouldn't count on it (giant eagle might do it, but USPS and banks will not). If it does go through, then your cc company might also charge it as a cash advance so you would still pay the %. As far as I know (and I don't own a cc, so take that FWIW) someone, somewhere, will always be charged a % (3-5) to deal with a credit card. Companies allow that to make themselves more available to customers and cc companies do it to get paid. So if you are getting cash from the cc without a % charged to you, then whomever you are getting the cash from will be losing it. Paypal charges you 2.75% on a gift because the person receiving the money expects all of it. They don't charge you when purchasing because they charge the merchant, so even if you had a friend with a business to give you cash for a transfer it would be a % less than your original $3k.

Honestly, I would do the gift option myself. The 2.75% isn't that bad of a hit ($82.50 on $3k) considering the percentage charged on a lot of different other options, like the cash advance. Haggle the guy down another $50 bucks, which shouldn't be hard, and then you are only out $30 which is cheaper than a night out with a pretty lady. Yes it is still wasted money, but that is the cost of having something sooner rather than later. You can also just eat ramen noodles for a week and break even, even with the charge.

Call credit card and ask if they can send you some checks. Admittedly, I haven't seen any in several years, but they used to send them all the time.

That is still ran as a cash advance if im not mistaken

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

That is still ran as a cash advance if im not mistaken

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly, the best deal I found is to use my PNC credit card to do an advance to my PNC bank account which is only a 1% fee BUT it takes 10 business days to process. In the world we live in, it still takes 10 days to put money in my bank account?

I think I will just end up paying the 2.75 with PayPal. Would make me feel better at least knowing the bike is mine.

]

Because I'm impatient haha we keep having these random nice days and each one makes me want the 675 more and more!

Patience grasshopper....., just hang in there, your return will get here quick enough, then it'll even be better when you do get the 675!

Because I'm impatient haha we keep having these random nice days and each one makes me want the 675 more and more!

So you don't want to pay $80 ish for the transaction but you will get the bike early and pay a month or two early on insurance just to say you can ride the bike 2 or 3 times?

Just use your credit card at the dealership - most take them now. It they don't, I agree with the "just wait" contention.

I think its a private seller.

If it is ask him what he wants the money for go buy it on your card then trade.