Got 'er where I want 'er

modular

I picked this 599 up right after Xmas and proceeded to get it set up for this season. I had been lusting after a 919 for a few years but after riding both the 919 and 599 back to back I preferred the handling of the 599. I have been out 2 times since buttoning up the bike and it is so freakin' stable and turns in almost telepathically. It was bone stock when I got it and here is a list of what all has been done to get it set up......for those that care :)

*New Dunlop Q2's

*RaceTech Gold Valves & springs, 15wt. oil, preload adj. fork caps

*Ohlins HO 321 rear shock

*All new fork seals and bushings

*Renthal Ultra Low road bars & Aprillia Tuono mirrors

*T-Rex Racing frame sliders

*DynoJet Stage 1 rejet

*2 Bro's Black Series can with baffle insert

*All fresh fluids

*EBC sintered brake pads front and rear

*Installed paddock stand bobbins

The suspension was well worth the time, effort and expense. COME ON SPRING!!!!! Yeah, I'm jazzed.

IMAG0028_zpse94a3659.jpg

IMAG0030_zps86024256.jpg

IMAG0034_zps551f7aae.jpg

I picked this 599 up right after Xmas and proceeded to get it set up for this season. I had been lusting after a 919 for a few years but after riding both the 919 and 599 back to back I preferred the handling of the 599. I have been out 2 times since buttoning up the bike and it is so freakin' stable and turns in almost telepathically. It was bone stock when I got it and here is a list of what all has been done to get it set up......for those that care :)

*New Dunlop Q2's

*RaceTech Gold Valves & springs, 15wt. oil, preload adj. fork caps

*Ohlins HO 321 rear shock

*All new fork seals and bushings

*Renthal Ultra Low road bars & Aprillia Tuono mirrors

*T-Rex Racing frame sliders

*DynoJet Stage 1 rejet

*2 Bro's Black Series can with baffle insert

*All fresh fluids

*EBC sintered brake pads front and rear

*Installed paddock stand bobbins

The suspension was well worth the time, effort and expense. COME ON SPRING!!!!! Yeah, I'm jazzed.

IMAG0028_zpse94a3659.jpg

IMAG0030_zps86024256.jpg

IMAG0034_zps551f7aae.jpg

Cool. That's pretty much the exact same concept I had for my '09 Suzuki Gladius upgrades.

GSXR Shock, Ricor Intiminators, lower cut down superbike bars, Arrow exhaust, etc. It turned a docile beginner bike into a worthy corner carver.

Oh, and let me know when it's for sale...

Edited by Tpoppa

Nice mods. Might go with those same bars myself. Did it change your riding position much on a comfort level?

I never did any appreciable distances on the OE bars but I knew right away they were too narrow and the pullback angle was the suck!

These bars are about 2" lower with less pullback and a more comfortable pullback angle as well as being 2" wider. You go forward and lower which is what I was looking for. I rode for 3 hours Sunday on the Ultra Lows and had no discomfort to speak of.