AAC Suppressor group buy

8mmDale

Since the current time limit is 2-3x the original estimate without even mention of the Form 4, is it safe to assume I won't have this in hand for over 2 years from purchase date or what? Considering the Form 4 wait time will still probably be over a year, I am hitting my limit for this first stage. Who is responsible for the holdup? Is it AAC, your distributor (Major Malfunction), ATF, DE, or other?

Guys, I feel all your pain as well but here is a little piece of advice. If you choose to go down the suppressor route, you need to understand and expect a few things. 

1. The wait times are long.. they are only getting longer. 

2. Once you buy it, you need to do your best to forget about it until its approved.

3. If the delay is due to the ATF clearing Form 3's, Form 4's please dont complain to your dealer. They cant do anything about it and are in the same position as you. 

4. Suppressors are an investment in both time and money, . This is not an item that you can walk into a store, buy, and go use the same day. You have to understand it could take you over a year from the time you pay until you have it in hand. If you are not willing to wait these times, then a suppressor may not be the best investment for you at this time. 

• Upvote 3

The delay was MM/AAC, we explained that already. Dale and I have zero control over this. ATF is also taking a little bit longer as well. Every one knew going into this that it is time involved.

The good news. We got 5 cans in this week  and they informed us all forms and cans are in process now and will be rolling in. I am calling everyone as your cans come in in the order they were paid for. So a few people were made happy this week and this should continue over the next couple weeks. They are coming!

I will try to get together with you guys to let you shoot your cans while you are waiting for the stamp too. ATF is currently taking about 7 months on the stamp.

MM is not giving us a list of what is coming and when either so calling daily to see if your can is coming wont help because all I can say is "I dont know" Its pot luck with the Fedex. The box shows up, I open it and see whats in it, look it up in the computer and see whos next then call you. I will call you as soon as it comes in.

Again, we are sorry for the delay but its totally out of our hands.

• 6 months later...

so, there are 3 other poor schmucks that still aren't in the 9+ month long ATF NFA line after waiting 12 months for the can to actually arrive at delta?  sweet jesus, why do we do this?

Make it 4, since I got a TiRant 9mm. As MT said, the eForms are apparently quick when the system is working correctly (there are 4 planned restarts of the server each day).

• 2 weeks later...

Are there plans to do another group-purchase sometime in the near future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no, since apparently he closed up shop officially in October. I can't speak for unofficially, but my guess is he is finishing this up as one of his last shop duties.

The shop is not closed. We just closed the Hilliard store front. We still have booths at the gun shows and conduct business from home. We still do transfers, orders, etc. We are looking at opening a store closer to us in the near future. We are still in business.

No group buy planned but can still beat about any suppressor price

• 3 months later...

I guess one of my cans came in some time ago and I'll be in town this weekend. Where will the transfer happen, and who does it? Todd, are you still involved with the biz?

I guess one of my cans came in some time ago and I'll be in town this weekend. Where will the transfer happen, and who does it? Todd, are you still involved with the biz?

Got time to grab a beer or something while you're in town?

Yes, the can is at Dales in Reynoldsburg. He'll be in Dayton most of the day Saturday and I'll be in Detriot most of the day. Liz will probably be there and she can do the transfer if you need day time otherwise we will be back around Sat eve and Sun. Text Dale or I to set it up.

Got time to grab a beer or something while you're in town?

I just might.  pm me your number and i'll hit you up when i know i'll be in town.

Yes, the can is at Dales in Reynoldsburg. He'll be in Dayton most of the day Saturday and I'll be in Detriot most of the day. Liz will probably be there and she can do the transfer if you need day time otherwise we will be back around Sat eve and Sun. Text Dale or I to set it up.

i'll text you today to see if you can talk sometime.  thanks pal!