Need some input.

speedytriple

IMO it depends on the property you are hunting, if it is public then I don't know if I would have my son out on opening day. Yes deer are running more on opening day due to the pressure in the woods but safety is huge opening day, people see deer and just start shooting without knowing the background conditions. If it is private property I would say Monday through Wednesday.

IMO it depends on the property you are hunting, if it is public then I don't know if I would have my son out on opening day. Yes deer are running more on opening day due to the pressure in the woods but safety is huge opening day, people see deer and just start shooting without knowing the background conditions. If it is private property I would say Monday through Wednesday.

Pretty much this. Also tell the wife the lessons learned deer hunting are more important than anything learnedin school.

Well right now it would be public land, as I have yet to buy any land of my own and have not found anyone who has offered use of private property. I am thinking the same thing about opening day being to crazy for the safety of a kid. The later half of the week is always empty where I was hunting the last few years but the first three days are bad. Maybe I will hit the lotto and be able to buy land before Dec. this year? The wife is all for the boys hunting with me she gets it, but is not to happy with me taking him opening day on public land. She is fine with him going the later part of the week though.

Take him youth weekend

This,^^

deer are still partially in rut mode and not spooked by all the pressure yet, plus you have way less lead from the-hunter-for-a-week crowd whizzing by,especially if you are hunting public access areas

Edited by rsvRidr