AR Bolt Carrier Group source?

fazer1sniper

I have caught up on all of the AR builds with one exception, My 20 y/o daughter's carbine. She's currently deployed in the sand box but I still want this done ASAP. I'm picking up the FDE SOP Mod stock and pistol grip tomorrow.

All of my normal places I order parts are "out of stock" and "no back order". Oh I did get offered one for the BARGAIN price of $375!!!:nono:

Any of you got any contacts for the BCG's?

I raided my shop. I found a bolt carrier. It's a full auto but it's chrome and my look cool in the new 20" I built. SO....IF I find a bolt, firing pin, retaining pin and the other assorted parts I may be ok. I have a bunch of spares in a box, but, go figure, I can't find it for the life of me. Somewhere in my unheated shop hidden among thousands of motorcycle parts I spent the last hour searching though and I'm now freezing. I think I had an MP marked bolt complete but I think I remember giving it away a couple years ago (like a moron) to my former spotter who whined and begged for it to finish a rifle he had.

This just means rifle prices are going to stay high till the carrier groups become available again. I have a hard time believing 2 years but here's to hoping.

I don't think things will FULLY stabilize until the next president. There will always be that thought and distrust in the back of peoples' mind.

There is a run on high grade steel for bcg and barrels, so I doubt you'll find one for a good price until all orders from manufactures are caught up and there is enough for part sales

I was told that Colt was the major supplier of bolts and bolt carriers.

I'm sure they are working overtime, but it's not enough to get caught up.

Most sellers of bolts/carriers won't sell, they are building rifles instead.

edit: looked it up. Colt and LMT and CMT/Stag. Add Bushmaster and Tactical Machining.

Edited by ReconRat