Prepers- who wants to buy a missile silo?

gen3flygirl

279k For 15,000 sq ft plus the land doesn't sound to bad. Pump all the water, figure out where it's leaking from, fix it, renovate. If it has electric already going to the property it shouldn't be to hard to run equipment. If you get contractors have them sign non disclosure agreements and don't have any one company do all the work the way no one really knows what is going on for sure.

If the silo is flooded that is a LOT of water to pump out. And what shape is the structure in if has been flooded for a long period of time? I can buy around 80 acres and build a under ground bunker for $279k. And it wouldn't be near Cinci either. I would pick this property rip the old house down and build a bunker/house in the caves it speaks of in the add.

http://www.landwatch.com/Athens-County-Ohio-Land-for-sale/pid/200143384

Nike bunkers are pretty small, so the water storage isn't a bad idea.

I think from the pictures, that the Nike was stored horizontal under the hatch,

and raised vertical to launch. That was normal for a Nike.

nm, Nikes were never stored and/or launched from underground that I know of.

I've seen above ground bunkers where they would roll out.

The picture is just showing a steel launch pad.

The human occupied bunker is probably flooded.

Edited by ReconRat

Dude, is it me or is the 2nd one like really cheap. I mean that runway=dragstrip, if there is also that much paved area in general, Auto-X, Mini's, etc heck probably could make a small road course on it for a full size bike.

Then there is the fact that there are both a house and hanger, THEN the silo's. I mean honestly, if you got some preppers to go in togehter on that one, I feel like it'd be a good deal. Shoot, 4 familes and that mtg is less than what I am currently paying on my SFD in Cbus.

Dude, is it me or is the 2nd one like really cheap. I mean that runway=dragstrip, if there is also that much paved area in general, Auto-X, Mini's, etc heck probably could make a small road course on it for a full size bike.

Then there is the fact that there are both a house and hanger, THEN the silo's. I mean honestly, if you got some preppers to go in togehter on that one, I feel like it'd be a good deal. Shoot, 4 familes and that mtg is less than what I am currently paying on my SFD in Cbus.

johnny ...theresa said shes in so lets rock it :)

I wonder what kind of shape the above ground buildings are in.

I'm gonna guess the flooded underground has some major cracks in the concrete. 279k is a lot of coin for something that you're gonna hav to dump an assload of money into to renovate. Looks like its been abandoned for a long time.

Edited by max power

Yeah I wouldnt really think about the one in OH, when you can buy land and build a pretty setup unit for that price.

But the one in NY, for the full price of 1760000 has a LOG home on 4 acres, 10acre runway WITH hanger, and another 56 acres of nothing, oh and antoher 125 acres. Some of those could probably get deeded residential and sold for profit.

NONE of that is including the silo, cabin, and 19 acres.

Winning. I bet someone does buy it. Where's Casper, he's got some coin laying around for something like this.