Lets discuss Helmets !

J_Copeland

I have a Scorpion EXO-1100. I like it a lot, but it has a funny "effect" on my head, which was after about 20min it gave me a migraine. Oddly I found wearing one of those hairnet type things fixed my issue. No clue.

Since then it has been a great helmet, but I am now a firm believer in being the weirdo walking around the store with a helmet on for at least 30min.

What type of head do you have, i.e. Shoei or Arai? Just looking for a point of reference.

If I had to say, it'd definitely be Aria. I tried on a Shoei RF-1100 at the same time and it felt terrible for me, same with a Nolan that I tried on (I think it was the N-85). The Arai(forget which model) felt very similar to the Bell RS-1 to me. My head's more of a long oval shape.

Edited by 8Rider6

I have a Scorpion EXO-1100. I like it a lot, but it has a funny "effect" on my head, which was after about 20min it gave me a migraine. Oddly I found wearing one of those hairnet type things fixed my issue. No clue.

Since then it has been a great helmet, but I am now a firm believer in being the weirdo walking around the store with a helmet on for at least 30min.

I had the same issue with my scorpion and solved it the same way with a doo rag. Solved properly by wearing a shoie for a long time at ip. Every head and every helmet is different.

I had the same issue with my scorpion and solved it the same way with a doo rag. Solved properly by wearing a shoie for a long time at ip. Every head and every helmet is different.

I had that same issue with a Vega (gasp) that a co-worked gave me when I got my first bike. I was borrowing my brother in laws helmet til then. I was planning to get one, but he offered and I was a little strapped for cash at the time (got the bike originally when gas went to $4.00+ per gallon). After about 30 minutes of riding it started to hurt my head a bit to wear.

have you tried the SS helmets? i love mine!

I like Speed & Strength for being in that lower price tier that still has reasonably decent features and comfort to help new riders with a helmet. I just haven't liked the "ZOMG EXTREME!" graphics they went with.

It does look like they've caught on, though, as most of their 2013 lineup have straight solid color options without the graphics.

I have an Arai for the street that I LOVE! Amazing airflow.

I also have a Scorpion Exo-1000 for the track that I love as well. I've normally stuck with Arai and Bell and I really underestimated Scorpion. Now that I have it I wouldn't want to use another.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a HJC Daggar its a large, but recently bought a Scorpion EXO 1100 But very nice air flow with the vents, and you can even lock the visor about a quarter cracked for air, pretty nice helmet Had to get a medium they seem to run alittle small compared to other's..am 6 " foot 190 pounds...its either that or my head is shrinking..lmao

Got my Bell Vortex, clearence from STG 99.99 plus SH, and got it in 1 day. Fit is more snug than my Scorpion was/is, but I like that, makes me feel a little better about fitment. The helmet does seem to be more round vs. elongated, as my chin almost hits the front area and can depending how my mouth is. I do not see this as an issue as just means there isn't any spare room in the helmet for the head to roam.

Build date was 2/12 so plenty of race life left, so long as it doesn't go down. Need to hit IP and grab a tinted visor, but I think in the mean time I will probably order another one of these on the closeout price. Probably don't need 3 helmets, but nice to have options and not put a sweaty piece back on my dome.