250 or 600 to start out on?

chevysoldier

what should she start on?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. what should she start on?

• Ninja 250
    • 96 FZR 600, I upgrade

Yes, she is taking the MSF class before she attempts to ride, I made sure of that. After talking to her again and everyone's comments, I think her on a 250 would be the best and safest way. Then after she's ready to move up, maybe she'll take my bike and I'll upgrade. she seemed to like that idea. Planning on taking her Wednesday to get her permit, her class is beginning of May IIRC.

Yes, she is taking the MSF class before she attempts to ride, I made sure of that. After talking to her again and everyone's comments, I think her on a 250 would be the best and safest way. Then after she's ready to move up, maybe she'll take my bike and I'll upgrade. she seemed to like that idea. Planning on taking her Wednesday to get her permit, her class is beginning of May IIRC.

If you need to borrow a 250 to see how it fits her, and maybe even let her run around the block, you know where mine is!

Best way to start her out. MSF course, 250 sport, then when she gets tired of the little bike you can both trade in for fresh upgrades. Tell her congrats on taking steps towards being that much cooler :D

She had to do something to offset hanging around with Chevysoldier! :lol:

• Upvote 1

Just don't get upset when she gets to the point where she can ride better than you! :lol:

Better get signed up for the BRC ASAP! It looks like they have about half the number of classes this year, and the cost is now $50! :eek:

We were on at 8a when it opened but couldn't get through. Had to wait until like 1130 but she got it one.

If you need to borrow a 250 to see how it fits her, and maybe even let her run around the block, you know where mine is!

Yeah, I'll let her know, see how it fits her and how she likes it. Thanks

Best way to start her out. MSF course, 250 sport, then when she gets tired of the little bike you can both trade in for fresh upgrades. Tell her congrats on taking steps towards being that much cooler :D

Will do!

She had to do something to offset hanging around with Chevysoldier! :lol:

Hey now....yeah you're right...

The Ninja 250 was the perfect bike to start on for me at 6'2" 220#. I'd still have it if the ergonomics were a little better for someone that size. :)

A small dual sport is also an excellent suggestion if the inseam fits comfortably. Even easier to handle but won't have the same top end on the highway.

Nothing wrong with the 600, but if you want to give her the best chance to have a good early experience with a motorcycle get a 250.

Craig

Give her yours and upgrade. It's already the perfect color to repair when it gets dumped.

Or

If she is tall enough, get a small enduro. Won't get easily damaged when dumped and is light and low on power. Will also hold its value.

I'm going with this too. No sense in spending the money on a third bike (you're probably going to upgrade anyway :) ). I think with enough respect she can navigate the fizzer just fine, while you can play with something that's got a little more oomph.