Tell me about the Chevy Colorado

chevysoldier

I'll look into what year they supposedly fixed the engine "problems.". The only problems that I really known of is the valve seat issue, and I think they fixed that by 08. The i5 is essentially the same as the 4.2 that you had in the Trailblazer, minus a cylinder. I still vote for a couple years older Silverado.

Im a chevy tech, and I can say whole heartedly, run away from the Colorado/Canyon.. for 8k you could get into a nice Tacoma with way less miles and have zero problems

We do alot of heads+head gaskets on the 5cyl's.. and yes, many of the "oem" parts come in izuzu boxes.. 8k for 160k is a joke anyways!

Im a chevy tech, and I can say whole heartedly, run away from the Colorado/Canyon.. for 8k you could get into a nice Tacoma with way less miles and have zero problems

We do alot of heads+head gaskets on the 5cyl's.. and yes, many of the "oem" parts come in izuzu boxes.. 8k for 160k is a joke anyways!

Head gaskets? I haven't seen any at our dealership. I thought there were just a couple years that had valve seat problems? Then again, there aren't very many in my area. It seems that most people around here want Silverados, and I can't blame them!

$20 says its already in his driveway. :lol:

Lol, nope. Haven't done anything. Ill pm you my PayPal for my $20. Lol.

actually the other truck I've been looking at are Tacoma's. My dad has driven them and have been great up through the 400,000 mile range. I've been looking into a mid size truck. I don't want an s10 or ranger but don't need a big gas hog. That's why I looked at the Colorado, just knew nothing about them, until now. Lol. I had a Chevy 1500hd crew cab. Hated the fuel economy as a daily driver. I need something with decent gas mileage, 4wd, tow package and room for family/kids. Honestly a Tacoma has been my first choice for a while now, I just need to find a good deal.

Thanks for the input everyone!

8K for 160,000 miles, you're just asking for problems! Keep searching you'll find better.

Good god! My ranger was $8500 and only had 48,000 miles. Granted, it was 2wd, but I had the 4 liter v6, extended cab, and every other major feature. Definitely not stripped down.

If 4wd is a must, find a 4 cylinder Tacoma 4x4 and call it a day. For 4wd economy, that's as good as it gets in a light truck.

Read Pauly's frontier endorsement after my last post. I believe Brian (Brn???) has one as well. He could provide another perspective on them. PM me if you're not realizing who I mean. I can find his full username if I actually get on a computer instead of my phone.

Dont know much about the Colorado other than looked at new ones when I was truck hunting back in early '09 and bought a Tacoma since it was the best deal for the most equip.

Wasn't Granda080 selling his Isuzu "Colorado"? Same truck and his was CLEAN

I do still have mine. I never really pushed to sell it, there was just something else I had my eye one which is gone now. It's been a really reliable vehicle. I haven't had any issues. It is indeed clean in and out and goes really well. I don't know where you're located Chevy, if it's around Dayton feel free to PM me. Even if it's just to compare to the one you're looking at. Here is the link, it's an old link it still only has like 78K.