Has anyone tried one of these?

JackFlash

The ol' bladder isn't as elastic as it used to be. A friend suggested to not drink anything the morning of a ride. But, without two cups of java, I'm nearly comatose until noon. And, those two cups demand to come back out in a timely fashion.

During the 2012 Dream Ride, if it hadn't have been for bmwnut missing a turn in Malta, and turning us around at a gas station, I would have arrived in Zanesville thoroughly soaked. And, it wasn't just me that had to go.

I've thought about a solution to a needed bathroom break when the rest of the group ahead of you, with bladders of steel, ride off without you as you wonder off into the woods for relief.

Has anyone tried anything like this? There are attachments for women as well as men.

http://www.biorelief.com/products/portable-toilets/stadium-pal-kit.html

I'm thinking, forget the bag. Run a tube that reaches two inches below the boot (while sitting on the bike), pull off to the side, leave a puddle, and catch back up with the group.

It is suggested for ...Traveling, Flying, Hunting and Fishing, Aviators, Concerts, Physical Therapy, Pub Crawling, And Long Distance Motorcycle Riders, Prostate Recovery.

One "Iron Butt" rider had the following to say:

I am a long distance motorcycle rider from Londonderry, NH. I compete in endurance events all around the United States. Recently I rode in the Ironbutt Rally, an 11 day, 11,000 mile event known as "The World's Toughest Motorcycle Competition." www.ironbutt.com

Endurance riding requires the rider to solve equations of fuel

management, time and distance, as well as endurance. If I have to stop every few hours to pee, it defeats the purpose of carrying 11.5

gallons of fuel. I have been using the Stadium Pal for two years now, and using it has allowed me to drink fluids continuously while riding, without the worry of finding somewhere to stop. It allows me to concentrate on riding, and allows me to only stop when I need to refuel or rest. There is nothing worse than holding it in for hours looking for a good place to stop. It eliminates the need to use the always clean restrooms, and leaving my well-equipped motorcycle in an unsecured location. The Stadium Pal prevents dehydration and muscle cramps. I can't praise

the Stadium Pal enough, I love to brag about my "tube", and my favorite line is, "Do you know what I am doing right now?"

Feedback?

Edited by JackFlash
  • Upvote 1

Sorry' date=' Jack. I didn't mean to laugh out loud, but that shit is funny. However, I guess being old and incontinent isn't. Please, accept my apologies.

I guess it's a good idea. If it makes your ride easier, then what the hell? I have just never seen anything like this.

Remind me to tell you the story of when Lyns pissed in her leathers on OH-93 while riding in the middle of a pack of HarleyDavidsons. It's pretty goddamned funny.

[/quote']

It's not a matter of not being able to hold it in for a while. It's a matter of it becoming painful after holding it in for a long while.

Gotta say that if and when I get so obsessed with "long riding" that I can't take the time to stop and piss, even if it's just behind a bridge abutment along the freeway, and I CHOOSE to wear a condom catheter so I can piss down my leg into my shoe......I want one of you to slap me so fucking hard that my engine misfires for the next 5 miles.

• Upvote 2

:nono: :nono: :nono:

To make things worse, bmwnut was reluctant to stop for a piss break even then. I think some of the others suggested that they also had a need.

I did mention two cups of coffee, didn't I? And I went just before we left the starting point.

If you are worried about a group ride and not knowing the route. If you signal that you need to take a leak and pull over, the other riders should know to stop if the route varies from the current road.

Hopefully they ease up on the pace so you can catch up quickly, but even if they don't, you will catch up at the next turn.

Condom catheters have been around in the medical field for a while. While I've never used one I hear they don't work well...mainly because its messy. Its hard to get (what every horney walrus is looking for) a tight seal around your dick. And the condom doesent just stay on... there is a gooey adhesive of some sort. Theyre primairly used on kids who can't pee on command and we need a urine sample.

Out side of the kids I knew of a nurses husband who would use them at OSU games. Pregame and drink all day with out having to wait in those long horseshoe bathroom lines. I dunno, maybe he used pipe dope to get a better seal.

Just get the real deal...18fr foley catheter and a leg bag. That is unless you have something against shoving a rubber hose up your urethra into you bladder.:eek:

Edited by sturg

...unless you have something against shoving a rubber hose up your urethra into you bladder.:eek:

That's not what I had in mind. Ouch!

I think most missed the point of this post.

Thanks for the feedback.

I expected some jokes but...I thought this sounded like a good idea when you couldn't take the time, or didn't want to stop, to do your business. One quick stop without having to dismount, trickle trickle onto the ground, and zoom zoom.

I'm thinking that when you are wrapped up in cold weather gear, without having to get through three layers, this may be quite a convenience.

I'm thinking, forget the bag. Run a tube that reaches two inches below the boot (while sitting on the bike), pull off to the side, leave a puddle, and catch back up with the group.

Bonus points if you run it out the bottom of the bike with the other overflow tubes and skip the whole pulling over part.

if my opinion matters any.. i think thats a hell of an idea. i HATE stopping and feeling awkward because i have to stop everyone else so i can take a tinkle. i give you props for finding something interesting. i would consider purchasing it.

on a side note. if your riding with people that arent willing to stop at the next turn to wait for you, or hang out and watch for cops, i wouldnt be riding with those people. its not very healthy to hold it. that can do some damage.

I would be worried about the fit and seal aspect. Personally on a cold day in a full crouch sport bike position I experience a bit of 'turtle-ing'. Also I don't like taping things to my dick, so I'm gonna pass on the piss bag. I have a pretty large bladder and can usually drink 5 or 6 beers before I need to piss so I have no issue making it ~100 miles between gas stops.