Sportbike suggestions needed for 5 foot 100 pound female

JohnG

The 300 can be equipped with a power commander, if more power is desired. But it can perform as is, once the rider learns how to ride it. I would rather have to little than to much. Doesn't matter though it has more than needed.

Edited by snot

The 300 can be equipped with a power commander, if more power is desired. But it can perform as is, once the rider learns how to ride it. I would rather have to little than to much. Doesn't matter though it has more than needed.

Will definitely pass on the info...

fyi, I was leaning toward the SV650 for her. Thought about the Buell's, especially the Lightning Low, but I don't think she wants a bike she has to wrench on all the time :rolleyes:

Also, thought she'd really have fun on a VFR750. :D

fyi, I was leaning toward the SV650 for her. Thought about the Buell's, especially the Lightning Low, but I don't think she wants a bike she has to wrench on all the time :rolleyes:

Sv650 or since you said 750.... http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=99588 that is super clean.

Sv650 or since you said 750.... http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=99588 that is super clean.

Hmm... I had seen that on here (of course, it's a VFR...) but it just occurred to me that if she were to get this, I could probably inherit the risers and the brackets for my bike... :rolleyes:

The Ninja250 is sufficient for the street but a little topped out on the highway. It can do it but not much reserve acceleration at speed. Thats with a 6'2" 220# rider :D

The 300 has a noticeable amount more power according to the specs and its available at lower rpms. I imagine it would make a pretty good street bike. It wont rocket ahead when you twist the throttle like a big bike can but it has plenty of power for "normal" riding.

Still if she is looking for a more exciting ride a 650 is probably a better choice.

Craig

Thought about the Buell's, especially the Lightning Low, but I don't think she wants a bike she has to wrench on all the time :rolleyes:

in 5 years my friend had hers, the only thing it ever needed was an oil change and replace 1 blown fuse. It would be a close transition from the Sabre if you ask me. I loved that bike and we she didn't sell it but I always felt like a Bear on a tricycle on it :lol:

The Ninja250 is sufficient for the street but a little topped out on the highway. It can do it but not much reserve acceleration at speed. Thats with a 6'2" 220# rider :D

The 300 has a noticeable amount more power according to the specs and its available at lower rpms. I imagine it would make a pretty good street bike. It wont rocket ahead when you twist the throttle like a big bike can but it has plenty of power for "normal" riding.

Still if she is looking for a more exciting ride a 650 is probably a better choice.

Craig

i had no problem on the highway on my 250 (rode to cbus on the highway, also rode on the dream ride no one had to wait for me), max speed was 95 (closed road). the 300 will also keep up just fine and the pull from 1st to 2nd will surprise you. dont knock what you have rode.;)

of all the bikes i have ever sat on (best fitting too) or owned the 300 is by far the best thing i have ever rode. She fits perfect (after lowering) and she keeps giving more when i ask for it.

i had no problem on the highway on my 250 (rode to cbus on the highway, also rode on the dream ride no one had to wait for me), max speed was 95 (closed road). the 300 will also keep up just fine and the pull from 1st to 2nd will surprise you. dont knock what you have rode.;)

Oh it did just fine on the freeway. Rode to Sandusky on I90 at about 80mph. There just wasn't any noticeable acceleration left at that speed. I like the ability of my current ride to go from 75 to 85 in seconds if I want. With the Ninja250 it was a very gradual increase in speed. :D

Im guessing the 300 is noticeably better.

Craig

Since she's used to the V65, she could pick damn near anything and certainly a VFR800 5th or 6th gen too. :cool: