Speed traps or road hazards warning other riders

HeavyDuty

I tap my helmet whenever I pass riders with no helmet, and make an exaggerated drinking gesture followed by the finger whenever I pass cars with yellow DUI tags.

Bear in mind the "DUI Plates" are called "Family Plates" are assigned to a person who is given limited driving privileges while under suspension for any cause, not just DUI. They are also intended to allow the family members of an offender to still be able to drive the car while the offender's plates are impounded. Chances are you're doing your hand signal to either an innocent person, or someone convicted of something other than DUI. ;)

Bear in mind the "DUI Plates" are called "Family Plates" are assigned to a person who is given limited driving privileges while under suspension for any cause, not just DUI. They are also intended to allow the family members of an offender to still be able to drive the car while the offender's plates are impounded. Chances are you're doing your hand signal to either an innocent person, or someone convicted of something other than DUI. ;)

Way to spoil the fun

I'd warn people but I hardly see cops clocking where I ride. Also, I'm usually stuck behind a line of cars driving below the speed limit and so is everyone else, so speeding is rarely a concern.

I have been warned by someone doing a wave motion trying tell me of running deer ahead. I thought the guy was just doing something stupid until I came upon the deer. I wish he just tapped his helmet.

I have been warned by someone doing a wave motion trying tell me of running deer ahead. I thought the guy was just doing something stupid until I came upon the deer. I wish he just tapped his helmet.

Or maybe used his fingers to make little antlers? "10-point buck over the hill? Thanks for the warning bro-chacho!"

I hope I can sleep tonight.